Sign in to follow this  
Cal.50BMG

F/O screens turn black after shutdown

Hello dear pilots!

I've got one sinple question (hopefully).

Since the installation of service pack 1c the screens of the F/O turn black when I shut down the engines after landing. Of course the APU is running. Is this the normal behaviour or am I doing something wrong? I already searched within the manual but I could not find this point.

Greetings from Germany!

Guten tag! (excuse my spelling, I only learned gausthaus deutch while there in the USAF).

If normal power is lost, backup power is provided to the primary displays; therefore, it is possible that you are seeing the results of a power loss regardless of your APU status.  Look at the ELEC screen, the APU box should be green before you shutdown engines. Hopes this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey "Guten Tag" is perfect;)

Thanks for your reply. I will try and check it out! I hope I can do it before next weekend but I'm not sure. This annoying "real life" steals my time;)

I'm also getting this problem.

I assume the people involved on the other thread submitted a support ticket to PMDG, what was the reply please.

Glen

Glen,

As I have been told on more than one occasion.  It's the best thing if you submit a ticket, that way PMDG have more information on which to base a fix.  I would encourage you to do so

Tim

This is exactly what happens! Thanks for the link!

Please share your solution with the rest of us. Danke

Dan Downs KCRP

OK, I will submit a support ticket and keep you informed!

Have a nice evening....well, in Germany it is evening;)

Patrick

Are any of you going directly from the original version directly to SP1c (as in, you never updated to SP1 or SP1b prior to SP1c)?

At one point, users were supposed to delete the existing panel states before installing one of the SPs (might have been SP1 or SP1b - I forget which, since the beta process had us do full uninstall/reinstalls for each build to ensure nothing from past builds affected the new build). If you did not do that, then I'm willing to bet that that's what the issue is.

Kyle Rodgers

In my case I installed the original version last year, followed by the service packs in order of appearance.

I always start my flights in the cold and dark state.

Well, I submitted a ticket and I'm waiting for response.

Greetings

Patrick

At one point, users were supposed to delete the existing panel states before installing one of the SPs (might have been SP1 or SP1b - I forget which, since the beta process had us do full uninstall/reinstalls for each build to ensure nothing from past builds affected the new build). If you did not do that, then I'm willing to bet that that's what the issue is.

This is happening to many more people than I thought. Sometime ago I submitted a ticket on this subject too and also waiting the solution. After SP1b I concluded that the old panel states could be the cause, but I've never created a panel state. I've always used the PMDG panel states.The problem remained.

But I don't remember any warning about this in SP1c docs. Anyway, this issue is still happening and I remember now about something said associating this electric problem to autolandings. Manual landing wouldn't lead to this issue.

That's it boys

Regards,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,

I have just made a manual landing at KPHX rwy 26, taxied to West Cargo and could shut off without loosing FO's power, as described here.

In my last 5 or 6 autolandings I always lost FO's power when shutting off at the stand, no matter APU was on or even GPU was on and power applied. Yo no creo en brujas, but something is really going on here. How can an autoland influence on lost of power during shutoff?

Regards,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

How can an autoland influence on lost of power during shutoff?

It's been described in this thread, actually.

The systems split electrically for redundancy when an autoland is being conducted.

Kyle Rodgers

Just made an autolanding and had the same issue. I shut engine 2 down once parked, connected the GPU and switched both primary and secondary power from Avail to On, which I confirmed on the ELEC system screen. However, once I shut engine 1 down, the F/O screens and FMC shut down. After a few minutes, the screens and FMC switched on again, and it seemed as if the plane went from cold & dark to a powered state.

Marc ter Heide