Sign in to follow this  
Cal.50BMG

F/O screens turn black after shutdown

It is definitely a problem that is connected with an autoland. Just did a short flight from UUEE to EFHK with autoland. Parked at the gate, APU green, shut down right engine, everything stable, shut down left engine, power loss.

Ticket is submitted, could this be a bug?

Patrick

It is Patrick. Nothing to do with panel states, as it does it with fresh ones.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just landed OMDB-EGCC, APU on as per FS2Crew Landing Brief, and my F/O screens did not turn black after engine shut-down.

Just landed OMDB-EGCC, APU on as per FS2Crew Landing Brief, and my F/O screens did not turn black after engine shut-down.

To clarify, since you didn't reference the part that matters here: this is only reported as happening after an Autoland...

If you didn't Autoland then what you're seeing makes sense.

Kyle Rodgers

Aha, Kyle, that part slipped my attention. As I habitually only hand-fly this lovely easy-to-manage plane once on LOC, I rarely auto-land, but will give that a try next flight.

Okay, just done a reverse Emirates EGCC-OMDB flight landing Rwy 12L auto-land, and sure enough, during the roll-out, I had 3 weird screens. Outside View Locked showed the planes skeleton with all the seats visible, then the VC had yellow blotches top of the instruments,and2P7yf.jpg finally, all the PF and F/O screens just turned back. Has never ever happened when hand-flying the approach. See screenshots:

BA5ti.jpg

Can anyone confirm that this happens only with saved panel states or does this also occur with the default panel state. I currently don't have the time to check.

Thanks in advance

Patrick

This happened with the panel state set by FS2Crew which I think is Long from the very start-up of loading this plane. It's a panel state I've been using all the time since FS2Crew was released.

And to add to Ricks comments, this issue was pre fs2Crew, and as I posted above, fresh panel states, and does not matter which panel state you use.

Rick, I would send those screenies to support via a ticket, could be useful. I have never gone to external view, so have not picked up on the skeleton issue

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

This issue must be only  specific to certain users  pcs or every one  would be  seeing  this issue.  Didn't think fscrew2  actually  set  a panel state  unlike the js4100 it  does

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

FS2Crew probably does NOT set the start-up Panel State directly, but does recommend the Long Panel State as opposed to the C&D that I used to always start off in pre-FS2Crew, as it follows normal SOPs in that pax airliners at the gate are inevitably already powered up in either a Long or Short Panel State, and none if this occurred previously in either the C&D, or Long Panel State usages except when carrying out an FS2Crew-enabled auto-land as a thread pointed out.

Ok, I got a new response from the support team. We might check if this problem still occurs if we shut off both flight directors after parking at the gate and then shut down the engines. (After Autoland of course). I cannot check at the moment...

Patrick

I can confirm this action resets the elec system to the correct configuration after an autoland.  Additionally, hitting A/P and then A/P disconnect has the same effect. 

Tim

Thank you very much Tim.

Do I understand it correctly? Switching of both flight directors prior to shutting off the engines solves the problem at the moment?

Greetings

Patrick