Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Carenado's .V3 Aircraft

I only have the C172N V3, but I have noticed that the extreme roll tendencies are not there and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed a change in their re released AC? I wonder if they implemented those new counter force controls. 

HI,

I made a short flight with the v3 Saratoga and thought that the left turning tendency on take-off was reduced. A nice improvement. Plus the image of the nose cowling has been lowered in the forward view from the cockpit. Carenado did a really nice job on the upgrade.

Jim Morgan

Yes, the torque effects are being reduced in all v3 aircraft.

Ahhh so I wasn't crazy! Cmon Bonanza next!!

We're going pretty much in sequence.  And it looks like the best way of doing this is sending packs of 4 to the distributors.  On the Carenado site, however, we can publish them as they're ready, so about one a week.  (The F33A Bonanza is actually already up as v3.0, and the V35 is soon to follow.... didn't go in sequence here, because the Bonanzas are similar).

Scroll wheel implementation is not a trivial matter. It changes a lot of things about the way the plane functions, and since it's still such a fledgeling technology in X-Plane, we consider it better to publish to a smaller audience first, as implementing changes is no big deal if the new planes are only on Carenado's servers.  Once they're out on all the reseller's sites, it's a much bigger deal to send out an update or a patch, since some resellers aren't very quick with updates, or fail to notify clients of the updates.

If you've bought your planes on the Carenado online store originally, you can check the plane you're interested in for updates, under the plane's description.  If you see a v3.0 in the description, that means the file has been updated, and downloading it from the Carenado site again will give you the updated version.  (Make sure you reset your browser beforehand, though, or use a different browser... sometimes the old files are still cached in the browser memory).

I'd actually appreciate some feedback on these v3 planes... but nothing too crazy, as in, we aren't going to put GPSses into planes that currently don't have them, and we won't be putting individual clients' wish lists into these updates.  (Keep in mind, they're free.)  They're merely updates to get the planes all up to speed with scroll wheel support and GNS430/530 support... and perhaps little bug fixes here or there (sound improvements, torque fix, radio now able to transmit on COM2 if COM2 only selected as input, and then trying to implement fixes that clients have been requesting on individual planes.) 

Like FSX plane with knobs and the c152 and c172 are flying pretty good, put in two hours flying into both c152 and c172. V3 is good update thanks for fixing some of the issues.

Hmmm, Dan, that sounds interesting - V3 aircraft being less prone to the "torque bug", but I wonder if you're using your initial tweak, based on the "prop" dataref, or if you already managed to use the 6 new datarefs forr forces / moments around the 3 main axis ?

I think I'll try to get my installers back :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Like FSX plane with knobs and the c152 and c172 are flying pretty good, put in two hours flying into both c152 and c172. V3 is good update thanks for fixing some of the issues.

I put some hours in the c172 also and for once it was a nice flight and not a constant fight/adjustments also.

I just checked out the v3 F33A Bonanza on the Carenado X-P Products page. I downloaded my upgrade and made a short flight.

Very nice job with reduced torque effects, excellent cockpit instrumentation and lighting. Coupled approach worked like a charm.

Dan, Keep up the good work.

Jim Morgan

Feedback for Dan:

Something weird happened to me with the Mooney v3, when moving the course select pointer of the HSI with the mouse wheel in the course select knob, while descending with autopilot on, my pitch changed, tha plane wanted to climb, when ended moving the course select pointer of the HSI, then all back to my normal descent, don't know if this is a bug or something related to my setup. I'll test the other planes asa well and report back.

Alexander Colka

More interested in the C172. So that spinning is gone am I right ? How are the aircraft's on the fps ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

More interested in the C172. So that spinning is gone am I right ? How are the aircraft's on the fps ?

Yes and Great.

I just checked out the v3 F33A Bonanza on the Carenado X-P Products page. I downloaded my upgrade and made a short flight.

Very nice job with reduced torque effects, excellent cockpit instrumentation and lighting. Coupled approach worked like a charm.

Dan, Keep up the good work.

I still seem to have a pronounced roll using my F33, bu not noticeable on my C172. Nevermind figured it out, was full throttle.

If you've bought your planes on the Carenado online store originally, you can check the plane you're interested in for updates, under the plane's description.  If you see a v3.0 in the description, that means the file has been updated, and downloading it from the Carenado site again will give you the updated version.

Any easier way to find out which aircraft are updated? There's actually an "Updates & patches" tab under the account page at Carenado.com, but it seems to be only for FSX/P3D aircraft? Why not use it for X-Plane as well?

Also, what about the limit of 3 downloads? Does this mean we're only allowed 2 updates (3 downloads total) before we have to re-purchase?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP