Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Carenado's .V3 Aircraft

Also, what about the limit of 3 downloads? Does this mean we're only allowed 2 updates (3 downloads total) before we have to re-purchase?

No. If you have reached the 3 downloads limit you simply have to contact their support.

Furthermore, in case of Updates you will now get a separate download link for the updates. (At least for the B1900D this was the case).

Any easier way to find out which aircraft are updated? There's actually an "Updates & patches" tab under the account page at Carenado.com, but it seems to be only for FSX/P3D aircraft? Why not use it for X-Plane as well?

Also, what about the limit of 3 downloads? Does this mean we're only allowed 2 updates (3 downloads total) before we have to re-purchase?

No. If you have reached the 3 downloads limit you simply have to contact their support.

Furthermore, in case of Updates you will now get a separate download link for the updates. (At least for the B1900D this was the case).

Correct, just contact Carenado, they have a ticket system. These are not updates for Xplane, but whole new versions, so your V3s are under the main download link. Remember to disable any download managers, I zeroed mine out on the first try and didn't get my product.

I've purchased all of my Carenado aircraft from their own website but looking at my account I don't see any references to V3 aircraft. I am not sure how they would be indicated but I hate to waste a download and get the same version I already have..

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Yes, downloads are reset when there's a major update like this one.  And we don't make use of the patch system because it's not really necessary, as we re-publish the entire plane for X-Plane.   In the end, it's easier, because that way the client still retains an older version of the plane, isn't being asked to fiddle around with files and folders, it's a good time for Carenado to reset downloads, and customer support is way less confusing. ("Which version of the plane?  3.0?  OK."   I can deal with that.  But once you start having to keep track of patches for 30+ planes, it gets a bit tricky.)

Just go to their main XP products page and it will say version numbers as you view a product. For example as of this morning the BE33 was done but not the V tail yet

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I just checked out the v3 F33A Bonanza on the Carenado X-P Products page. I downloaded my upgrade and made a short flight.

Very nice job with reduced torque effects, excellent cockpit instrumentation and lighting. Coupled approach worked like a charm.

Dan, Keep up the good work.

Are you able to use the scroll wheel on the V/S dial? I can't seem to get mine working.

The V/S dial has two modes: Altitude and vertical speed.  Both should work with scroll wheel.  Click in the middle of the knob to activate V/S mode.  V/S mode is also automatically activated when  you hit the "V/S engage" button (on the left).  

If you engage V/S with the V/S engage button, the V/S mode is on a timer... it'll revert back to Alt select after about 5 seconds.

The V/S dial has two modes: Altitude and vertical speed.  Both should work with scroll wheel.  Click in the middle of the knob to activate V/S mode.  V/S mode is also automatically activated when  you hit the "V/S engage" button (on the left).  

If you engage V/S with the V/S engage button, the V/S mode is on a timer... it'll revert back to Alt select after about 5 seconds.

Dan, that Altitude works, but the V/S doesn't. It registers and the digits flicker, but it won't change.

Hmm... any other plugin perhaps overriding the V/S values?  Or hardware?  Anyone else experiencing this?  It works fine in all of my tests.

Hmm... any other plugin perhaps overriding the V/S values? Or hardware? Anyone else experiencing this? It works fine in all of my tests.

No hardware and if i switch scrollwheel off it works. No issues with b1900 scrollwheel.

Just remembered I have not updated to 10.31, will try tomorrow.

If the numbers flicker, I have the suspicion that maybe your scroll wheel isn't set to scroll fast enough.  Some parameters in X-Plane, such as barometric pressure or V/S have auto-rounding embedded deep in the bowels of X-Plane's source code... this can cause flickering or jittering, if you can't quite get past the threshold of where it flips.  

Have you tried increasing scroll speed in your OS?

If the numbers flicker, I have the suspicion that maybe your scroll wheel isn't set to scroll fast enough.  Some parameters in X-Plane, such as barometric pressure or V/S have auto-rounding embedded deep in the bowels of X-Plane's source code... this can cause flickering or jittering, if you can't quite get past the threshold of where it flips.  

Have you tried increasing scroll speed in your OS?

Dan, not sure if it's because I'm using Logitechs mouse utility, but if I scroll really fast it will work. If I enable my scroll wheel smoothing feature it will work normally, but everything else scrolls way too fast. This is the only knob that is affected, not sure if there is a setting I could change in-sim.

Not sure about Logitech's scroll wheel smoothing function... that might be something to experiment more with.  It'd be interesting to see if others are experiencing the same thing you are.

Then my only other suspicion is, that there is some plugin or hardware that is affecting the V/S values, in addition to the scroll/knob manipulator.  If you had a clean demo version of the sim kicking around, that could help you get to the bottom of it.  If the plane works and scrolls as it should in that clean demo (with no hardware hooked up), then I'd say it's due to some plugin or hardware interaction.  

Dan,

I guess I have missed something, but I don't understand the Pat. and the Exp. abbreviations in the updates files.  It would be much easier (for me) with a V3 indicator.  I'm too old for all this stuff... :wacko:

John

ps - I've used several downloads that were the same thing I had before...

John Wingold

I don't understand what you're referring to.  Where do you see Pat. and Exp. abbreviations?  

Before downloading the product again, make sure that it has a v3 beside its description.  Which plane are you downloading again?  You do realize we're in the process of updating to v3, so only the first few planes fall into the v3 category at this point.