Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Can't Log In

Since I installed the Flight Tool yesterday, I can't log in, or create a new tag.  I can't fly any jobs because I have to reach a certain level before they get unlocked.  Am I stuck?  Or is there something I can do?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Hi Folks

Andy -

Steve's just posted an update which addresses some profile issues.

Please see Flight Tools homepage for FlightToolkit 1.0.25.5

HTH
ATB
Paul

Hello

Paul (Basys)

Installed new version 1.0.25.5 and released flight pilot profile

XP 10,508,169 I did some flight and XP passed to 10,526,339 but your solution was not in Pilot profile getting in 20 and not changed to 36 as proposed his amendment in Pilot profile. I replied to you all your questions in another post. What would be the solution to fix this problem will there be? Or this fact just this occurring to me.

Grateful for a response.

After installing this latest update, I'm still having the same issue.  Every time I log in, all my previous progress has disappeared.

Any suggestions?

Are you playing with a profile that was backed up prior to the servers shutting down, or with a new profile?

If you created a new profile you will need to start over from scratch.  If you had previously played on that computer you should be able to reload the old profile, but it won't know your gamertag or any of your areocaches.  If that isn't happening there may be a bug.

I did start from scratch, but every time I start up my previous progress is set to nothing.  That means I can never fly the jobs etc, because I have to get to a certain level, which I can never reach.

Thanks so much for creating the non-GFWL version. 

I created a 2nd profile and started from scratch also. I have collected 22 aerocaches but my experience points and flying hours have been reset to zero when I went back to that profile.

My original GFWL profile I backed up and all the numbers have been preserved properly. I have the CORE - UI - Upgrade installed, but my level remains at 20 despite having 1670617 experience points (Level 26)

Tom Constantine

The Old Hangar

http://mainescenery.proboards.com

Thanks so much for creating the non-GFWL version. 

I created a 2nd profile and started from scratch also. I have collected 22 aerocaches but my experience points and flying hours have been reset to zero when I went back to that profile.

My original GFWL profile I backed up and all the numbers have been preserved properly. I have the CORE - UI - Upgrade installed, but my level remains at 20 despite having 1670617 experience points (Level 26)

Hello Tom,

Your progress resets to 0 because there is a possible bug in the program, as Steve has already mentioned. Flight relies on a series of Binary (.bin) files to store your progress and Unfortunately, the toolkit does not store your data in these, instead it records them on an .xml file. Flight doesn't read the .xml file, therefore the progress which is made will only remain for one session only and will be erased when you restart Flight.

The issue with the upgrade, has already been discussed. It is a global problem which everyone is facing and there is no fix; the bug is routed in the Toolkit... only Steve can find the source of it and apply a fix.

Thanks,

The issue with the upgrade, has already been discussed. It is a global problem which everyone is facing and there is no fix; the bug is routed in the Toolkit... only Steve can find the source of it and apply a fix.

The world must look to Steve to fix those global problems........  ^_^

superman-chest_zps2a5c4405.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

A couple things:

The Toolkit stores the server representation of your career in the XML file. Flight still saves data in the bin files qnd that should not be getting lost.

As for the issues with the custom career and potentially other addons, I think Kavinda jogged my memory. The GFWL toolkit loads addons into Flight by modifying the base Flight FileLocator.config. This was wrong, but the only way it could work. The non-GFWL version loads addons as they were intended to work. The fact that your adddons worked before might have been a fluke and may never work in new versions of the toolkit.

The world must look to Steve to fix those global problems........  ^_^

I guess you can think of it that way...  :lol:

The Toolkit stores the server representation of your career in the XML file. Flight still saves data in the bin files and that should not be getting lost.

I think I'm lost ... So, why does everyone keep losing their data? I did quite a lot of experimenting and I found that Career.spb stores your mission data and the SimObject state of a previous flight; if you delete this file, you start again with Tutorial 1. I never really understood the .bin files, I couldn't convert them.  :(

Some addons are still working and my xlive.log indicates that all of them are being read.  I'm confused  :wacko:

Hi Folks

The GFWL toolkit loads addons into Flight by modifying the base Flight FileLocator.config.

This was wrong, but the only way it could work.

The non-GFWL version loads addons as they were intended to work.

The fact that your adddons worked before might have been a fluke

and may never work in new versions of the toolkit.

Steve -

Cheers for your feedback.

I'm using the non-GFWL FTK 1.0.25.5

The core CareerTrackDefinitions upgrade had never stopped working for me.

I'd also repeatedly fully uninstalled/reinstalled using the AVSIM download.

Including ensuring the original folder was removed.

However,

when I looked at my - \Microsoft Flight\FileLocator.config (dated 20140911).

it still contained the "Import Path" directive.

If I remove that "Import Path" directive,

I experience a re-intoduction of the initial launching of Flight delays described previously,

and all addons appear to work, except for the core CareerTrackDefinitions upgrade.

Possibly relevant -

I do have another core addon, which still remains fully functional.

For testing purposes, my version of the MissionLoadScene contains only new entries,

therefore I know it's actually my version being used in-game.

For MissionLoadScene, the difference probably being that -

- CareerTrackDefinitions - Is probably read only once during flight loading, (as per FSX's Rewards folder).

- MissionLoadScene - Is probably read every time the loading screen is displayed, (to extract the next tip).

The CareerTrackDefinitions upgrade

- Worked with your original implementation, (\Microsoft Flight\FileLocator.config "Import Path")

- Stops working with your new implementation (\DLC\4d5308d2\00000002\FileLocator.config ONLY)

Would I be correct in thinking -

Your original implementation PAK reading sequence was -

- core

- core updates

- DLC

Your new implementation PAK reading sequence might be -

- DLC

- core

- core updates

Which permits extra/new addons to work,

but might inhibit some upgrade-type addons from working.

For read-once files -

What if CareerTrackDefinitions, or similar, were mounted/loaded from the UPDATE tree ?

Wonder what'd happen with any modification addon for a simobject's core files ?

e.g. Replacement aircraft performance files, (\Sim\*.spb).

With non-GFWL version,

what's happening with the FSX portover sceneries ?

e.g.

In FSX, any addon airport or flatten higher up the scenery.cfg, overrides the default FSX airport.

Are the addon FSX portover airports, overriding Flight's default airports for Hawaii/Alaska ?

Or are scenery.cfg and the airport indexes handling that seperately.

HTH

ATB

Paul

I can't change the order since it is controlled by Flight, but how I inject the add on content has changed.

Flight loads in this order:

FileLocator.config from the MSFlight folder

waits for user to log in

Loads DLC based on its dependencies and content id

In the GFWL version, the addons file mappings were added to the end of the MSFlight FileLocator.config (via the import)

In the non-GFWL version they are treated the same as DLC and the MSFlight config should be unaffected