Sign in to follow this  
WK95

Graphics card for P3D Maxed out on 3+1 monitors

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for recommendations for a graphics card that can run P3D maxed out with ORBX and REX texture and scenery addons on 3 monitors.

Also, is it possible to use different graphics cards in one system? For example, the main graphics card would power 3 monitors connected via Matrox Triple while the second, likely lower end card, would power a 4th touchscreen monitor for the instruments. I know an alternative method is to use a separate computer for the 4th screen for instruments but I'm not a fan of that and would prefer avoiding that if possible.

Alternatively, the Kensington Multi-display adapter might be an option for the 4th display instead of a 2nd card but this might require an extra powerful main graphics card.

All the above said, would a GTX 980 with 4GB GDDR5 be enough?

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GTX980-Superclocked-Graphics-04G-P4-2983-KR/dp/B00NT9UT3M/ref=sr_1_21?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1414354175&sr=1-21&keywords=gtx+970

It has 3 display ports, DVI-I, and HDMI. This might save me money over having to buy a Matrox Triple Head.

Thanks

No graphics card will allow you to run P3D "maxed out" smoothly. But if you choose settings reasonably then a GTX980 with 4 GB should be able to run P3D very nicely...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT