Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

My Problems with X-Plane

Hello all.  I seen this pop up in another thread but did not want to hijack it with X-plane stuff so i thought i would start my own thread. 

Problem 1,  not a big problem but still it annoys me,   Every time i start X-Plane and its loading it goes into the "Not Responding" mode with a white screen  stays like that a min but always starts then no probs, is it something small im missing? I have Aero enabled but still the same, Not a big deal but would be interesting to see if theres something im missing  

Problem 2 is an absolute head wrecker so much its taken the good out of the game.  Aircraft Activation problems, i purchased the Boeing 747i and the 777 both by VMAX and the Neo320 by Jar Designs all fantastic aircraft but i have not got any of them off the ground.

Obviously i know for a fact the problem is with my PC/Configuration and NOT with the Aircraft.  I load up the plane, do the online activation, then reload the plane, no probs. Go back the next day and have to start all over again and do the online activation all over again.

I have tried everything.  Removed X-Plane and Reinstalled it several times thinking maybe an Ad On was interfering with the 777 plug in.  Updated all drivers.  I have turned off wifi and have direct cable into modem to cut off and other multiple address.  

The last thing i done was to purchase a separate internal 500 GiG SSD drive just to run Steam and X-Plane on.   Im no expert on computers and here's were i get lost so i pulled some other post i had read that made a small bit of sense to me but wasn't fully able to get it. It would be great if someone could translate 

"""That occurs when you have installed X-Plane in a system-owned location, where Windows redirects all writes. Please make sure X-Plane is installed in a user location, like C:\Users\YourUsername\X-Plane\ ""????

"""You have the sim installed in a system-owned location, bad idea - can cause all sorts of weird failures. Move to your desktop & make sure nothing is flagged read-only."""????

"""Also, make sure the X-Plane process has read-write access rights to its own folder"""???

Do all them mean the same thing?   When it comes to Activation Problems what does  "system-owned location' and  "read-write access rights to its own folder" mean

Any help would be great

Here are my specs 

STEAM VERSION of X-Plane

Alienware Aurora 

i7-3930k   6 Core   4.1 GHZ

16 GIG Ram

Gefore GTX 690 4 GIG Vram

Asetek Liquid Cooler

Window 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

256 GIG SSD Operating System======I had Steam originally installed in the O/S

1TB Sata storage

K/Drive 500 GIG SSD Sandisk Extreme Pro====I have Steam+X-Plane now installed on this drive.  

I suppose the question is how do i connect the 777 aircraft though my Desktop into my K/Drive into Steam into X-Plane without getting all muddled up 

Thank you very much for reading this.

Kind Regards

Elaine.

Sorry I cannot help you but I appreciate you posting this. I was thinking to migrate some stuff to XPlane...

I don't have the Steam version of X-Plane but I'm guessing the X-Plane folder is located at \Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 10? on your SSD.

Right click the X-Plane folder and select properties -> security

Click on each Group or user name to view the permissions for that user.

A few screenshots of these permissions would be helpful to try to identify the issue.

Why you dont try to post your issues on http://forums.x-plane.org/ on the technical support forum or the payware support forum. They might also ask for the log.text file to see the errors. 

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Sorry I cannot help you but I appreciate you posting this. I was thinking to migrate some stuff to XPlane...

Apart from a couple of problems i'm pretty happy with X-Plane,   steam makes 99% of everything very easy

I don't have the Steam version of X-Plane but I'm guessing the X-Plane folder is located at \Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 10? on your SSD.

Right click the X-Plane folder and select properties -> security

Click on each Group or user name to view the permissions for that user.

A few screenshots of these permissions would be helpful to try to identify the issue.

Opps i can see that now.  Thank you

Why you dont try to post your issues on http://forums.x-plane.org/ on the technical support forum or the payware support forum. They might also ask for the log.text file to see the errors

I will do thank you