Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Carenado PC12 Who bit and what's it like?

Title says it all.

I'm surprised at the lack of feedback on it, Maybe it's been out for awhile and just recently released on Simmarket? 

RE Thomason Jr.

One of my favourite aircraft todate. I keep flying it.

There are a few bugs still but some have been fixed in the forum.

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

How About FPS?

Oh yeah forgot about their unofficial forum down below...off to see what's being said.

RE Thomason Jr.

I have it and it still doesn't zing for me.  I've taken it for a few flights.  The landing, for me, is odd (they say it's the way the real airplane is but can't say I'm convinced yet).  I like the fact that it's a single-pilot airplane.  Still has some bugs that may not get fixed.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks Gregg, it's nice to hear what P3D users have to say.  I really don't need anything new but I love shopping around just the same. Been eyeing that Lionhart Learjet for awhile now too while I wait for the Aerosoft CRJ that's due out in 2036.

RE Thomason Jr.

Thanks Gregg, it's nice to hear what P3D users have to say.

I haven't flown it in P3D...honestly wouldn't without a good GNS available.  2036...hmmm.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Over on the SimForums I was reading about lots of technical problems.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

2036...hmmm.

just a joke for those who have been waiting on this project that started in the hands of Digital Aviation and has since been taken over and managed by Aerosoft.  I read where one customer who was looking forward to the release actually started flight school and is now a rated CRJ 1st Officer or Captain in the CRJ and the project still has not released :lol:

Over on the SimForums I was reading about lots of technical problems.

I've purchased a number of Carenado GA aircraft in the past, I am much more selective of their offerings. Need some positive reviews and or time to mature before I'll pull the trigger anymore.

RE Thomason Jr.

For Air Hauler it kind of cannot carry that much, I end up preferring a C208, especially with shorter grass strips that AH seems give you alot.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

There's tons of commentary on the Carenado sub forum.

(Any Carenado related posts will get moved to their sub forum... A but annoying because I look to the FSX forum for initial release impressions)

I like it a lot - especially with two GTN750's modded in the VC

Bernt did a nice job with the FDE - flies by the numbers.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm enjoying it. I don't fly it a lot, but it's a nice aircraft and she is getting some use from me over in the mountains of Switzerland in FS Economy. Lots of fun.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Well suited to P3D, I'm using v2.4 and am getting smooth flights with plenty of detail, just love the way the sun casts it's shadows over the panel when in the right position. As previosuly mentioned nothing has changed from the Carenado B200 as far as Nav instrumentation but it fills a nice void missing in P3D aircraft availability. Off topic slightly, RealAir are updating their Turbine Duke to P3D v2 standard as we speak which should also service the turboprop aircraft for P3D