Sign in to follow this  
bensmini

Problems with the barometer

My 777 is stuck with a barometric reading of 29.92 which creates a problem with landings at airports with readings different from the default standard reading.  This leads to hard  landings on VAFS flights with my virtual airline.

When the plane was installed this was not a problem, but at some point in the last month it appeared.  I can't think of anything I might have done to cause it.

Any solutions, please.

Ben Metcalfe

My 777 is stuck with a barometric reading of 29.92 which creates a problem with landings at airports with readings different from the default standard reading.  This leads to hard  landings on VAFS flights with my virtual airline.

How do you mean it's "stuck."  Are you trying to use the mousewheel on the BARO knob? Is it not even adjusting if you hit the 'B' key?

Kyle Rodgers

Please read the Introduction pg 0.00.63 on how to use the mouse to set BARO, also pg 0.00.97 on how to set the method to use the BARO knob.

Dan Downs KCRP

Scandinavian,

Clicking the "B" doen't change the pressure which stays at 29.92.

Doss

I do not find any barometric reference on the Introduction pages you mentioned.

ben metcalfe

Clicking the "B" doen't change the pressure which stays at 29.92.

Sounds like something else is going on here, then. Perhaps a weather program issue? Autoland doesn't work off of barometric pressure - it uses the radio altimeter to judge distance for the flare, so your comment about hard landings makes very little sense. Are you absolutely sure that the pressure is not 29.92 in the simulator? Pull up a weather station and listen.

I do not find any barometric reference on the Introduction pages you mentioned.

It's on page 97, as he mentioned.

Kyle Rodgers

Ben, we're trying to help but you're not providing enough information. What are you using for weather, there are many options in FSX and many add-ons and this is a key part of the problem statement?

Dan Downs KCRP

Scandinavian and Down,

I appreciate your efforts to help, but we aren't making much progress.

I have once again looked at page 97 in the introduction and see no reference to barometers or setting them.

I use MSFX default weather selections, no add-on types, I generally fly in storm conditions to improve my pilot ratings in vasf for my virtual airline.

I can manually change my barometric setting with Barometer wheel, but this is certainly a pain compared to clicking the "B" key.

Is this the best that can be done?

Ben Metcalfe

Ben,

are you absolutly positive that the actual barometric pressure is not at ISA conditions? Do as Kyle mentioned and listen in to ATIS at your location or maybe try to set baro pressure manually. The "fair weather" theme for instance uses 29.92 in Hg. Not sure about the others.

And you should be able to change the Kollsman window regardless of the local pressure setting. So far it sounds like to me you don't know how to use the controls.  Also, on page 0.00.97 there is a paragraph titled MINIMUMS & BARO KNOBS and half of page 0.00.63 is a description of how to use these two controls with your mouse.  Hope you figure it out.

Dan Downs KCRP

Downscc,

I have looked yet again at pages 0063 and 0097 in the Introduction manual and see nothing like what you describe.  Are we talking about the same booklet?

Sorry but I'm not savvy enough to know what a Kollmans page is, please enlighten me.

Does your barometric pressure change with clicking the "B" key?

ben

I have looked yet again at pages 0063 and 0097 in the Introduction manual and see nothing like what you describe. Are we talking about the same booklet?

This is taken from page 63   as said  before of the introduction manual  so find  this pic  and you will find your information page 63

h8NfV.png

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Sorry but I'm not savvy enough to know what a Kollmans page is, please enlighten me.

On "old style" altimeters, this was a hole/window on the gauge that allowed you to see what barometric pressure you had selected/adjusted the gauge to.

Google is your friend (the Kollsman window is the part on the right with 29.8, 29.9, and 30.0 showing):

638px-3-Pointer_Altimeter.svg.png

Does your barometric pressure change with clicking the "B" key?

Yes. This is why I asked if it changed at all when you hit the 'B' key in post #2...

Help us help you.

Kyle Rodgers