Sign in to follow this  
MKaprocki

Orlando Air Fair Executive Airport Sat/Sun

Had two great days at the Orlando Air Fair. The kids were amazed to be sitting in several of the Air Orlando aircraft, especially the Schweizer 300CB Helicopter.The look of enjoyment, amazement, and sometimes fear in the kids faces was all I needed to overcome the wind and sun burns. A lot of adults were equally awed.W. Sieffert

Sounds like it was alot of fun. Sorry I couldn't make it out. Was working on my car on Saturday, and Sunday I had to do some school stuff. :-( BTW, how'd your flight in the Citabria go? I'm gonna see about scheduling a few flights for that in the next week or so. A few weeks ago, I got a flight in a Socata TB-30 at Deland. That was the first time I'd done any acro, and it was great. 200 knots into a 4G loop was incredible! (-: http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/69313.jpg

My flight in the Citabria is today at 12 O'clock High! :-lolW. Sieffert

I had my first flight in the Citabria yesterday and it was a lot of fun.Some interesting observations:A lot more rudder required to overcome adverse yaw during turns.A lot of rudder action when power is applied/reduced.No flaps on the 7GCAA model.Slips are the norm for landing.Tighten your shoulder, groin, and seat belts and have fun.Very good visibility, wear sunglasses and a ball cap.Weight limited, we could only load 19gal out of the 35gal tankI truely believe flying this aircraft will improve my landings in all aircraft, taildragger or tricycle (or as the taildragger instructor call them - the snow plowers).W. Sieffert

I went up in the Citabria on Saturday. You weren't kidding about the rudder, really takes a lot to counteract the adverse yaw.Slips were crazy. Couldn't believe we were getting 2000 fpm descent at 70 knots while in the pattern! :-eek Ryan seems like a good guy. Think I'll enjoy flying with him.3 Point landings weren't really a big deal, but we'll start doing some Wheel landings next time, as well as some acro. :-jumpy

Ryan just called me and cancelled my flight for today. Thirty Knot gusts are anticipated for this afternoon.So how many gallons of gas are you allowed!? Ryan and I max at twenty!! Guess I need to follow my doctor's advice about the "South Beach Diet"!!! :-lolI really love the joystick vice yoke. I write left handed and the yoke gets in the way of my kneeboard.W. Sieffert

We were allowed 22 gallons of gas. 13 in the right tank and 11 in the left.The stick has a little more throw than I'm used to, so that gets a little weird. Seems like it goes so far forward!I'm scheduled to go up on Sunday, hopefully the winds will be as nice as they were before. :-)