Sign in to follow this  
gatetothesky762

radar test button = crash !

hello, i have say 6month ago that when i hit the radar test button my fsx crash ( i have not active sky in my fsx ) today i pay for fs2 crew im happy and the fo do the checklist and test all systems and he test the radar system = crash !!! if we not have active sky we can not fly this bird with fs 2 crew ? thanks for your time and your help good day.

if we not have active sky we can not fly this bird with fs 2 crew ?

I was about to point you to the FS2Crew forum, but it seems you've already posted there. The answer would have to come from them, but in the meantime, just don't use the PF ACTIONS, which is where they test the weather radar.

Kyle Rodgers

its an pmdg bug

If you believe you've found a bug, then submit a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com

Kyle Rodgers

This bug was reported in the beta channel but I've yet been able to come up with a set of conditions that always reproduce it. Will start trying different things in a few days after I've finished rebuilding my workstation... LOL it's taking a lot longer than it did six years ago.

Kyle is spot on.. if you have a set of conditions that faithfully reproduce this error please put those on a trouble ticket.  My problem is I get the crash in one session then rerun the session under same conditions and it does not crash.

It is a BEX error, which is the windows code for buffer overflow exception and is one of the more difficult errors to track down the cause.

Dan Downs KCRP

oh yes i submit a ticket. and for this bug i can reproduce it many times : i not have asn , i have only the 777 200lr in airfrance livery with default option ( in popup mic and on the pedestral in capt view the test button do a crash of fsx, the first day i have earne my 777 i was able to do the test and no crash but since the first install day the test crash always time. i reinstalled fsx , pmdg 777... no idea what the cause of this bug and why its here and not in other players its difficult to track yes ...

I have the same issue. I wrote ticket ...but waiting about 1 week :(

Ps. CTD is also when press both TFR buttons (according to FCOM, this is also a method of wx radar testing)

I wrote ticket ...but waiting about 1 week.

That sounds highly unlikely. PMDG usually answers within 24 hours, 48 hours wait is a long time for them.

Are you sure you sent a TICKET at support.precisionmanuals.com, and not an E-MAIL?

Are you sure the ticket actually got posted?

Yes.

On "My tickets" page see green rectangle with status "Waiting For Agent".

3 days ago I posted in that ticket second post (with additional informations), but still not response...

If you believe you've found a bug, then submit a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com

Kyle, do you also have this problem?

I have finished rebuilding my workstation, and have tested the WXR TEXT button on numerous occasions and have not triggered a CTD. I doubt that going from VISTA to WIN7 solved the random problem I had, but who knows?  I never saw the color test display on the ND before either and now I do when on ground... so maybe it was VISTA? I just fly 'em and break 'em... don't know how to fix 'em.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have ASN, so no.

Do you think that I don't have ASN? :) Kyle, I know that radar works only with ASN... and I have this version "on board".

Dan, I have Vista 64, so maybe you're right...

Do you think that I don't have ASN? :) Kyle, I know that radar works only with ASN... and I have this version "on board".

Dan, I have Vista 64, so maybe you're right...

Could be, as I am also on Vista 64..........maybe this is the push I need to move up to Win7. I have been dragging my feet since I've had no other system related problems and don't like to change things that are working.  Be interested to know if anyone still using Vista doesn't have the problem.

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Well then there is evidence, if not proof yet, that VISTA is a suspect. That would explain my situation.

I moved to Win 7 primarily to support P3D, which P3Dv2 requires according to LM product web page.  The only downside was full retail versions are rare and pricey, and the reasonably priced OEM version cannot be transferred to a new motherboard for example.  So my migration route was a partial rebuild: New CPU, MOBO, memory and added a SSD. Existing video card, sound card, power supply, HDD's and case. I am pretty happy with it.  Win 7 is just like Vista except it has more pretty stuff that marketing likes but I could care less about.

Dan Downs KCRP