Sign in to follow this  
gatetothesky762

radar test button = crash !

Well then there is evidence, if not proof yet, that VISTA is a suspect. That would explain my situation.

I moved to Win 7 primarily to support P3D, which P3Dv2 requires according to LM product web page.  The only downside was full retail versions are rare and pricey, and the reasonably priced OEM version cannot be transferred to a new motherboard for example.  So my migration route was a partial rebuild: New CPU, MOBO, memory and added a SSD. Existing video card, sound card, power supply, HDD's and case. I am pretty happy with it.  Win 7 is just like Vista except it has more pretty stuff that marketing likes but I could care less about.

Interesting, I have win7 upgrade disc.  It was offered for free at the time I bought my system with Vista already installed.  Came in the mail about a month later but I've seen no reason the upgrade..........well maybe now :unsure: .

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Steve, if you are going to install your Win7 upgrade, let us know if it help...

Hmm, but is it worth to buy Win7 licence for one minor option...? :unsure:

I'm kinda surprised at people still using Vista, actually. Don't get me wrong - I completely understand financial constraints - but Win7 outshines Vista in just about every way:

http://windows.about.com/od/windowsosversions/a/Win7vsVista_2.htm

...the biggest one there being #5: Stability.

The stability of the underlying OS has a direct effect on the stability of programs that it is attempting to run.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, I have never had problems with stability. In other way I would probably did upgrade a long time ago...

Kyle, I have never had problems with stability. In other way I would probably did upgrade a long time ago...

Stability issues are not always obvious. The fact that you're getting CTDs on Vista when Win7 isn't getting CTDs is evidence of that. Moreover, my post wasn't to say that was the only reason to upgrade. I was simply stating that it was one of the main reasons. Additionally, just look at product requirements. Most specify Win7 over Vista. Sure, they're nearly the same and carry the same compatibility for most products, but developers specifically note Win7 for a reason.

Kyle Rodgers

At the egineering office where I recently retired after 20 years, we didn't go to Vista due to stability problems. In fact, they just moved to Win7 this year and there are still a few workstations on XP because the older software (used with older DCS and SCADA platforms) will not work in Win7.

I've never been one to jump to the new OS because it was new, and ended up with VISTA because that was what was out there when I built my system in 2008. Budget constraints held me to VISTA, but I think I had several problems arise because of it including WXR TEST, problems loading 300ER extension package after selecting CUSTOM option for installation, and the horrible FSX appHang freeze.  All these appear to have gone away with Win7.

I went to Win7 because P3D requires it, and I am pretty happy with it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Stability issues are not always obvious. The fact that you're getting CTDs on Vista when Win7 isn't getting CTDs is evidence of that. Moreover, my post wasn't to say that was the only reason to upgrade. I was simply stating that it was one of the main reasons. Additionally, just look at product requirements. Most specify Win7 over Vista. Sure, they're nearly the same and carry the same compatibility for most products, but developers specifically note Win7 for a reason.

hello , i found the problem. when i install the demo version of asn the radar test button crash my fsx but when i desinstall the demo of asn all works fine . thanks for your help, sorry about the time. good day B)