Sign in to follow this  
longrangecruise

Some times poor speech recognition

I am some times getting poor speech recognition. The take off and climb out is now ok. I even managed the descent checklist moving down the line with "set and checked", if my replies have not been recognized. Now the approach phase is difficult.

Is it just training training training, or does somebody have any additional hints?

Thanks

Perry

Regards, Perry

I get around 95 percent accuracy rates using a $20 USB headset.

Speech recognition results are completely independent of flight phase.

All you can consider:

1. Run the Voice Training again, but once or twice should be enough.

2. Consider getting a better headset.

3. Try to minimize background noise.

4. Watch the green bar to see what the speech recognition is hearing.

5. Practice, practice, practice.

I definitely recommend doing the voice training in Windows. Not just the first one, complete at least one advanced lesson. This has improved my accuracy in FS2Crew with any aircraft tremendously. I get at least 95% accuracy - I'm using a Turtle Beach PX22.

Cheers,

Julian Roschlau

Thanks, Julian, I did some extra training and had a good flight on the T7 and an almost perfect flight on the NGX. Using the T7 again I am down to 3 miserable flights with almost no recognition...

Regards, Perry

When the first officer keeps responding to a command with "are you sure?" what does that indicate?

On my first T7 flight I requested a descent by saying "set flight level one eight zero" (this was in Europe with a trans level of 5000) to which he kept just asking if I was sure so I did it myself.

The next time when I requested "set flight level one two zero" this was carried out without a hitch. What could be going on?

Iain Smith

Hey Bryan,

I also had some similar problems. I set up the program as described in the manuals. However the speech recognition always hears things I haven't even said (i.e. approach armed, or some random figures, etc.). Unfortunately that has become increasingly annoying, because on approach the FO always arms and disarms the approach mode.

Already looked through the forums but couldn't find anything. Any help would really be appreciated.

Did you see that in the green bar?

I don't normally have that on but I did select it and the green bar showed what I was saying. However I then found that I might have been saying it too slowly. When I repeated it at a faster pace the FO responded correctly.

Iain Smith

However I then found that I might have been saying it too slowly. When I repeated it at a faster pace the FO responded correctly.

All that matters is what's in the green bar... speaking fast or slow makes no difference... if it's in the green bar, that's what FS2Crew "hears".

Cheers,

What should we be speech training for V1, V2 VR?

"Vee One" or "V1". "Vee Rotate", or just "rotate"?

What should we be speech training for V1, V2 VR?
"Vee One" or "V1". "Vee Rotate", or just "rotate"?

Hi Nick,

The FO/PM says those things, not you.

You just need to run the Microsoft Speech Training as described in the manual.

Cheers,

Hi Nick,

The FO/PM says those things, not you.

You just need to run the Microsoft Speech Training as described in the manual.

Cheers,

Thanks, Byran. I've run 3 training sessions so far.

What I mean is in the checklists. The two things I get caught up on is reading back the Takeoff speeds and Trim in the before start checklist.

eg "Take off speeds" I say " vee one 144, rotate (should it be "vee rotate" or "vee ar") 150, vee two 155" but it doesn't seem to trigger.

And the Trim, I can't get a response for  that but I'll keep working on it. "3.5 units, 0 and 0"

Edit. I've just read the trigger sounds in the manual:

4. Takeoff speeds challenge.  Trigger for the next phrase is the V2 value.  Example syntax:  VEE TWO  ONE FOUR THREE

I'll keep working on the Trim response - out of interest how many decimal places can I quote in the number? eg is 3.75 units ok or is it expecting 3.8 units?

4 POINT ZERO UNITS ZERO AND ZERO.

Cheers

Nick

Thanks, Byran. I've run 3 training sessions so far.

What I mean is in the checklists. The two things I get caught up on is reading back the Takeoff speeds and Trim in the before start checklist.

eg "Take off speeds" I say " vee one 144, rotate (should it be "vee rotate" or "vee ar") 150, vee two 155" but it doesn't seem to trigger.

And the Trim, I can't get a response for  that but I'll keep working on it. "3.5 units, 0 and 0"

4. Takeoff speeds challenge.  Trigger for the next phrase is the V2 value.  Example syntax:  VEE TWO  ONE FOUR THREE

I'll keep working on the Trim response - out of interest how many decimal places can I quote in the number? eg is 3.75 units ok or is it expecting 3.8 units?

Cheers

Nick

I just had the same issues as Nick. I found out that the trigger V2 XXX in the take of speeds challenge often shows 'three two x x x' in stead of 'v two x x x' in the green bar, in which case the next sentence is not triggered. Try calling 'V' and see what happens in the green bar. The system seems to have trouble recognizing the difference between 'Vee' and 'Three'. 

I am also curious about the number of decimals allowed in the trim response.

For "V2 XXX"... you need to say that phrase "V2 XXX" distinctly from the preceding phrase.  So pause for a second before saying "V2 XXX"

As for trim, you should be able to say almost anything to one decimal point so long as  "UNITS ZERO AND ZERO" is at the end.

So, for example, "FOUR POINT 5 UNITS ZERO AND ZERO" should be recognized.

And remember, for the trim, you're looking at the trim value on the pedestal, not the FMC.

No one is going to say 4.38 units zero and zero.

Round it to the first decimal place.