Sign in to follow this  
Cool

C17 from Virtavia

Hello

I intend to get MCE especially for this aircraft.

Of course I will try MCE and the C17 with the demo version but I do not have the sparetime at the moment

This aircraft uses default FSX command as for autopilot and so on.

Does it need to be interfaced to work with MCE or not?

Thanks in advance for your reply and advise

Kind regards

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Does it need to be interfaced to work with MCE or not?

Not fully interfaced, but if it's built to use default FSX tokens it should work as expected.

You can expect FO to handle the following items with ANY aircraft, even non-default ones.

Gear and Flaps

Radios dialling (COM, NAV, ADF, Transpoder)

Brake system

Trims

A few external lights.

It's usually complex auto-pilot and overhead panels that require custom interfacing.

You can use the exact checklist you want with any aircraft.

Not sure it's the same aircraft we are talking about here. Have found this Youtube vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK8c8KnWP24

Thanks for your reply

It's not exactly the same aircraft but should work just like it

I will give it a try

Cheers

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Hello

I gave it a try and will continue.

So far so good with the C17 from Virtavia !!  ;-))

As I use it in conjonction with IVAO network ATC but also in communication during flight with our Virtual Airline company frequency (TeamSpeak3 channel) I woul like to have a key in order to mute or unmute the MCE mike. Of course I can click on the mike button, but to configure a button on my joystick would be more practical. I did not find how to do it and I guess I missed it

Thanks in advance for your reply

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Hello

I gave it a try and will continue.

So far so good with the C17 from Virtavia !!  ;-))

As I use it in conjonction with IVAO network ATC but also in communication during flight with our Virtual Airline company frequency (TeamSpeak3 channel) I woul like to have a key in order to mute or unmute the MCE mike. Of course I can click on the mike button, but to configure a button on my joystick would be more practical. I did not find how to do it and I guess I missed it

Thanks in advance for your reply

Pascal

Thanks for feedback.

Can do.

Use the same workaround people rely on to use VoxAtc alongside MCE.

1 - Assign a joystick PTT under MCE as if you were going to use it with ATC feature.

2 - Open "mce.ini" in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\ folder (your system must be set to show hidden files ad folders)

3 - Look at the [ATC] section and keep everything as is. Only change "UseWIthVoxATC=0" to "UseWIthVoxATC=1"

Save the file.

Restart MCE and disable the "Talk to ATC" feature.

From then on, when you hold down assigned joystick button, MCE will assume you are talking to third party ATC and will suspend all speech reco until you release it.

There is a workaround for assigning a keyboard key for Vatsim too.

By default, the <END> key will always suspend MCE reco when held down. It is also possible to assign a different key. Don't want to confuse you with more instructions though.

And don't forget to download and install all the other quality recorded voices. Demo only ships with 2. Otherwise it would make it a 1.5 GB download for everyone.

Great everything works like a charm !!

Thanks

I continue my Multi Crew Experience  :P

si.php?id=1