Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Long Flight Times without OOM & VAS issues

Morming, i wanted to get an idea on what are some of the longest flight times folks are getting with the 777 without getting OOM & VAS crashes. Without using Time Compression as well. Thanks!!

UPS123.png

Morming, i wanted to get an idea on what are some of the longest flight times folks are getting with the 777 without getting OOM & VAS crashes. Without using Time Compression as well. Thanks!!

I've done 14ish hours from RJAA to KIAD (with FlightBeam KIAD scenery, plus UTX USA and FTX Global - nothing at RJAA other than default).

The other day, I did an EGLL-KIAD run (again with the FlightBeam KIAD scenery, UTX USA, UTX EU and FTX Global). That one ended up being around 9 hours, I believe (the wind was nuts). That one set the VAS warning off when I landed at IAD, but I completed the flight just fine.

Kyle Rodgers

I've done 14ish hours from RJAA to KIAD (with FlightBeam KIAD scenery, plus UTX USA and FTX Global - nothing at RJAA other than default).

The other day, I did an EGLL-KIAD run (again with the FlightBeam KIAD scenery, UTX USA, UTX EU and FTX Global). That one ended up being around 9 hours, I believe (the wind was nuts). That one set the VAS warning off when I landed at IAD, but I completed the flight just fine.

Hey Kyle! WOW thats great! I applied most of the suggestions from here & PMDG to reduce OOM issues & im hoping to get in a good 12 hr. flight. I just purchased FlightBeams KPHX scenery and will be trying to see how far i get without a crash this weekend, longest ive got before, was right around 5 hours, that was before reading up on the suggestions reagrding secenery's and tweaks. thnaks for the info!

UPS123.png

Hi all

My longest flight was KSFO to OMDB, without any issues.

flight time: 15 hours, distance flown was 7258nm.

Cheers :-)

Hey Kyle! WOW thats great!

You're welcome. There's definitely hope, provided you take a rational approach to the time. People would be surprised at how much less VAS they end up when they drop certain sliders slightly (or change things in the FSX.cfg).

Kyle Rodgers

I routinely do 12-15 hour long hauls for my VA, KSEA-OMDB / YSSY-KDFW for example.

I run FSX on DX10 all the time, and have never had an OOM. Indeed, I keep the 777 and FSX loaded for weeks at a time, flying hundreds of thousands of miles without ever exiting the 777 or FSX

(2 + months is the longest if I recall correctly, when Windoze did a restart behind my back)

I have ORBX Global & Vector installed, as well as payware airports galore, plus a whole raft of other FSX addons.

Don't want to crow about my lack of OOMs or such, but I find it odd that some are plagued with them, and some have never even seen one.

The FSX machine has an SSD, an Intel 4770K overclocked to 4.4, and 16Gb of RAM, and Nvidia 760 GPU

Hi Kyle with your combination of FTX Global and UTX do you turn off the night lighting in Utx?

thanks.

I routinely do 12-15 hour long hauls for my VA, KSEA-OMDB / YSSY-KDFW for example.

I run FSX on DX10 all the time, and have never had an OOM. Indeed, I keep the 777 and FSX loaded for weeks at a time, flying hundreds of thousands of miles without ever exiting the 777 or FSX

(2 + months is the longest if I recall correctly, when Windoze did a restart behind my back)

I have ORBX Global & Vector installed, as well as payware airports galore, plus a whole raft of other FSX addons.

Don't want to crow about my lack of OOMs or such, but I find it odd that some are plagued with them, and some have never even seen one.

The FSX machine has an SSD, an Intel 4770K overclocked to 4.4, and 16Gb of RAM, and Nvidia 760 GPU

Thanks for the reply, Perhaps the DX-10 is helping the OOM somehow! Thats amazing your able to leave yours on all the time like that!

Thanks for all the replies folks!! I see there is quite a range of hours and some that have had no OOM's at all!

UPS123.png

I only have a few payware/ memory using addon sceneries and the longest flight I got was KATL-FAOR which was 16 hours with the PMDG 77L but with all default scenery. I did VHHH-EGLL and got an OOM right as I was taxiing to the gate with the UK2000 EGLL, so I would say about 16+ hours with default, 12ish hours with one good payware airport and maybe 9-12 with two good paywares.

I've never had an OOM (knock on wood). Longest trip KMEM-VTBS about 19 hr, pretty close behind was KIAH-YSSY and many many flights in the 8-12 hr range. I have a dozen or more airports but no scenery except a landclass update for my continent, nothing from ORBX or such.  I do have Process Explorer and often watch my VAS, which seldom gets to 3Gb in the old system... starting flights with new system today and will keep eye on things.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Kyle with your combination of FTX Global and UTX do you turn off the night lighting in Utx?

Yes. Both UTX USA and UTX EU have the lighting disabled in favor of the FTX lighting.

Kyle Rodgers

The only thing that allowed me to return to sanity was DX10 (and Steve's DX10 Fixer).  Everything else was a no-go. I've been happy in long haul ever since.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

26 1/2 hours SKBO-SKBO (Bogota, Colombia). I went south to the Equator, west along the Equator to about a 1000 miles east of Australia, did a 180 a flew back on the 10 degree north latitude. I was working on an issue that I was having with ASN.

No scenery was disabled. The scenery active was GEX-NA, GEX-EU, UTX-US, UTX-EU, SceneryTech NA, EU, ASIA, FSGenesis for NA and EU, 32 payware airports, 5 freeware airports, MegaSceneryX SoCal, LAS, DFW PHX, MegaSceneryEarth for Southern California, Colorado, and parts of Arizona.

Unfortunately I crashed into a mountain about 10 mile short of SKBO. I was so tired I could have cared less but ASN was working correctly.

26 1/2 hours SKBO-SKBO (Bogota, Colombia). I went south to the Equator, west along the Equator to about a 1000 miles east of Australia, did a 180 a flew back on the 10 degree north latitude. I was working on an issue that I was having with ASN.

No scenery was disabled. The scenery active was GEX-NA, GEX-EU, UTX-US, UTX-EU, SceneryTech NA, EU, ASIA, FSGenesis for NA and EU, 32 payware airports, 5 freeware airports, MegaSceneryX SoCal, LAS, DFW PHX, MegaSceneryEarth for Southern California, Colorado, and parts of Arizona.

Unfortunately I crashed into a mountain about 10 mile short of SKBO. I was so tired I could have cared less but ASN was working correctly.

WOW! thats a long haul! Are you using DX-10 by chance??

The only thing that allowed me to return to sanity was DX10 (and Steve's DX10 Fixer).  Everything else was a no-go. I've been happy in long haul ever since.

Im wondering if that will be an option for me as well, when using the Fixer, is it a stand alone install or are there seetings you have to mess with to get it working correctly?

thanks!

UPS123.png