Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Long Flight Times without OOM & VAS issues

I regularly complete CYYZ (FlyTampa) to VHHH (Taxi2Gate) about 15hrs flight time in the 77L, P3D, with no VAS issues at all. I just tweaked the sliders until not even the VAS warning goes off.

Well, I have to say that I no longer had OOM since I changed the hard drive to an SSD, certainly quite improves performance and stability of my FSX.

I made long-hauls average 10-13 hours (example: Paris-Mexico City, Zaragoza-Mexico City, Cancun-London, Frankfurt-Mexico City, Rome-Cancun, Cancun Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires-Cancun, etc.) without any fault, it's the only thing I've changed my PC hardware and I'm happy with the results.

I use:

* PMDG 777-200+300

* ASN

* No DirectX10

* Taxi2Gate, FlyTampa, Aerosoft scenarios.

* FTX

* REX

* PFPX, TOPCAT

* ICE 5

* Jeppview for Windows

* GSX

* TaxiSigns HD

AMD Phenom II x4 (3.1Ghz) + 8GB RAM + Nvidia GT430 (1GB) + 240GB SSD Kingston HyperX + 320GB HDD Seagate

Iván Guerrero

Well, I have to say that I no longer had OOM since I changed the hard drive to an SSD, certainly quite improves performance and stability of my FSX.

I made long-hauls average 10-13 hours (example: Paris-Mexico City, Zaragoza-Mexico City, Cancun-London, Frankfurt-Mexico City, Rome-Cancun, Cancun Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires-Cancun, etc.) without any fault, it's the only thing I've changed my PC hardware and I'm happy with the results.

I use:
* PMDG 777-200+300
* ASN
* No DirectX10
* Taxi2Gate, FlyTampa, Aerosoft scenarios.
* FTX
* REX
* PFPX, TOPCAT
* ICE 5
* Jeppview for Windows
* GSX
* TaxiSigns HD

AMD Phenom II x4 (3.1Ghz) + 8GB RAM + Nvidia GT430 (1GB) + 240GB SSD Kingston HyperX + 320GB HDD Seagate

oom and your hard drive are unrelated

oom and your hard drive are unrelated

Yes, I know that, but I want to say is that the FSX performance get better with a SSD hard drive.

Also, the FSX is limited to use less than 4GB RAM because is a 32bits software, so, only we can do is modify the AI, graphics settings etc.

In addition, not having a lot of extra software running in the FSX, as complex scenarios, terrains, graphics improved, etc. it will run OOM definitely.

Iván Guerrero

If you still have the route could you share it, please?

Don't have the route anymore. I can tell you I built it by hand through skyvector. It was mostly lat/lon over that part of the world (after eastern australia).

Here is the flight path I saved:

1.png

Here is the flight path I saved:
Thanks for the information.

Yes, I know that, but I want to say is that the FSX performance get better with a SSD hard drive.

Also, the FSX is limited to use less than 4GB RAM because is a 32bits software, so, only we can do is modify the AI, graphics settings etc.

In addition, not having a lot of extra software running in the FSX, as complex scenarios, terrains, graphics improved, etc. it will run OOM definitely.

no ooms on FSX SE 14 hours +

PMDG 777

Latest version of ASN

ORBX FTX and fly tampa Dubai.

some serious stability built into FSX:SE im using offline mode on FSX:SE  Acars tracked on Qantasvirtual airline.

also MSI APACHE PRO GTX 860m  laptop gaming computer  FSX:SE on SSD drive and scenery jlinked to storage on D: drive on the laptop. frame rate 15-49 FPS smooth.

also there is more FSUIPC paid version tracks vas usage and autosave running. windows 10 pro review

:mellow:

Longest flight for me so far has been 21h42m KEWR -> YSSY in the 777F. Had no issues what so ever, not even the annoying little glitch that caused FSX to pause for roughly 15s. 

Sorry to say but, after installing the "777 Leak Fix Version", mine didn't survive to the 5hs PANC-FlightBeam KDEN. As soon I made 10.000ft on ILS07 approach, the VAS alarm went on and OOMed on downwind.

I've always been following each and every recommendation to avoid OOMs and preserve VAS. So, things didn't change and my system's leak is up and running with the T7.

Best

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have flown VHHH-KDFW with the fix. Problem I had with VAS was using Orbx regions, without PNW and RM active she will make it no problem.  Using Taxi2Gate VHHH and FSDT KDFW..

Read Robert's post carefully, he said this only fixes a specific problem.  True, the missed approach for ILS/LOC RWY07 might be included in that class, but the fix is not going to help VAS issues that arise for the multitude of other reasons that i can happen.

Are you using Process Explorer or FSUIPC logger to monitor VAS?

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry to say but, after installing the "777 Leak Fix Version", mine didn't survive to the 5hs PANC-FlightBeam KDEN. As soon I made 10.000ft on ILS07 approach, the VAS alarm went on and OOMed on downwind.

I've always been following each and every recommendation to avoid OOMs and preserve VAS. So, things didn't change and my system's leak is up and running with the T7.

Best

At what point of the flight did you enter the Approach for ILS07 at KDEN? At the gate in PANC, during the climb, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 hours into the flight. When did you enter it into the FMC?

Best

Heron, how did you install the fix? Did you run the new installer and click repair?

When I chose that option it did not successfully update (even though the installer completes successfully). Unless your VAS issues are unrelated to the leak, it may in fact be that you are not running the latest version even though you may believe so (after having run the new installer and clicked repair). 

You need to uninstall, and then run the new installer to be sure. This was the same when I tried the repair option with the NGXs latest update. That did not actually install the update for me.

I know for a fact that the leak was patched successfully. As the week before the latest update I encountered it on a OMDB-KORD flight, 4-5 hours into the flight I OOMd. As KORDs 28C missed approach procedures had the code causing the issue mentioned in more detail by Rob.

I successfully completed the very same flight yesterday.

Leo Cal

Are you using Process Explorer or FSUIPC logger to monitor VAS?

Dan,

Yes, I know there are million other factors involved in this VAS issue, as Robert stated in his fix presentation. I use FSUIPC logger. Thanks.

Best

At what point of the flight did you enter the Approach for ILS07 at KDEN? At the gate in PANC, during the climb, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 hours into the flight. When did you enter it into the FMC?

Michael,

I entered the ILS07 approach in the FMS, some 4 hours after takeoff, consulting the weather at KDEN. Later, the PRO-ATC/X KDEN approach confirmed it. Thanks.

Best

Heron, how did you install the fix? Did you run the new installer and click repair?

Leo,

I ran the new installer and clicked repair.

As soon as I have some time, I will do as you say - uninstall and re-install the whole T7 stuff as I did with the last NGX update. And, I will fly again PANC-KDEN (5hs pain...) during a specially reserved Saturday afternoon. Thanks.

Best

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I entered the ILS07 approach in the FMS, some 4 hours after takeoff, consulting the weather at KDEN. Later, the PRO-ATC/X KDEN approach confirmed it. Thanks.

Heron

It would appear that your OOM problem has nothing to do with the VAS leakage that the update was designed to correct. Read post #1 by RSR in this thread - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468259-07may15-detailed-discussion-of-resolved-777-vas-leak/. Your PANC-KDEN is not long enough in normal time and the approach was entered late in the flight. Neither situation meets the requirements for VAS leakage causing an OOM problem.