Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Long Flight Times without OOM & VAS issues

WOW! thats a long haul! Are you using DX-10 by chance??

Not using DX-10.

with dx 10 fixer i never had any OOM and the setting are pretty simple , steve fixer is now a must have with FSX

Think ill give that a try, thanks for the info!

Not using DX-10.

Interesting, could you share your FSX.cfg settings with me?? Might give me a place to start! Thanks!!

UPS123.png

Interesting, could you share your FSX.cfg settings with me?? Might give me a place to start! Thanks!!

It's in a PM you I sent 2 minutes ago.

Thanks! Just sent you a PM message

UPS123.png

Hi, this is a few minds old, but would you mind sharing it with me too? Still flying great and no OOMs?

Hi, this is a few minds old, but would you mind sharing it with me too? Still flying great and no OOMs?

My computer with FSX on it is at a shop right now. I should have it back either Friday or Saturday. I can send you the fsx.cfg file then.

I just completed an 11hr flt from KIAH to LTBA w/ no OOM or VAS issues (I am very happy)

I had the following running:

FSUIPC

FSDreamTeam KIAH

Taxi2Go LTBA,

FS2Crew

TrackIR

Aivlasoft DataProvider

Networked (WideClient & Simconnect):

VAFS Client (for VA)

ASN

Aivlasoft EFB

FS FlightKeeper

PFPX

I still have some stuff to add:

RC4 (networked)

EZCA

Like someone already mentioned Process Explorer is a valuable tool. Keep an eye on your virtual memory usage. The PMDG 777 itself uses about 800mb, which doesn't sound like much but that has to be shared with everything else on a 4GB address space (because FSX is a 32 bit app). If you are having OOM's the fix is simple, use less fancy stuff. I fly without autogen and with 512 bit REX clouds. This allows me to still use FTX products, very nice addon scenery, complex aircraft and do flights of 15+ hours. You just have to find the right balance of pretty and stable for how you use FS and you will never see another OOM. 

Try KJFK-KLAX landing on 25L or 25R. Enter the runway into the FMC while at a gate at KJFK. It's only a 5+ hour flight but you will never make to KLAX without an OOM. As a matter of fact just sit at the gate a KJFK and you will OOM. Don't even need to do the flight. VAS leakage not usage is the issue.

My longest flights have been OMDB-KBOS and VHHH to ENGM

Another thing to avoid OOM is replace ASN with another weather program. The last 2 months i have around 35 flight. 25 with FSGRW and 10 with ASN. No OOM with using FSGRW and OOM at every flight with ASN. The last weekend i doo some testing. 4 flights, the same route and same metar for all flight. 2 with ASN and 2 with FSGRW. OOM with ASN at booth flights, and no OOM when using FSGRW. Even when i turn up autogen at my last flight with FSGRW i not gett OOM.

P3D v2.5

PMDG B777-300ER

Aerosoft LEPA and ENGM v2

All of ORBX produckts for europe instaled and hybrid mode activ

Rex 4

Havy AI traffic

ASN and FSGRW

I have not seen a strong correlation between length of flight and VAS loads.  In fact, flying KPHX-KLAX and KJFK-KLAX during the testing of the VAS leak fix coming soon indicated almost identical results.

If you are having problem with ASN, it may just be your cloud graphics.  Try SoftCloud DXT5 textures or similar.

I have found that ORBX products can create significant VAS load problems, such as RJAA-KDFW using the PNW and rocky mountain products during the trip.  I'd make the Japan-Dallas trip without VAS issues except that overflying the ORBX regions literally kills almost all remaining VAS.  These trips require the ole' SAVE-QUIT-RESTART-LOAD sequence to make it all the way.

Dan Downs KCRP

If you are having problem with ASN, it may just be your cloud graphics.  Try SoftCloud DXT5 textures or similar.

I use 512/512 DXT5 clouds, and i have use that for arond one year.

interesting,i'm using the T7 for over 9 months and i have never ever experienced any OOM or VAS running out error;actually i've had about 10 crashes in the last year but none of them were related to PMDG work(actually,they were my fault i guess)

So my longest flights without OOM&VAS are my longest flights ever.
EGLL-YSSY-EGLL
KSFO-OMDB-KSFO

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

I did VHHH-SCEL over the south pole. 22 hours. Ran great.

If you are having OOMs or high VAS usage reduce scenery quality, revert to 512 or 1024 clouds, lower water quality, or reduce draw distance. There are a myriad of things you can do to keep from running into problems.

I did VHHH-SCEL over the south pole. 22 hours.
If you still have the route could you share it, please?