Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

WOW...does DSR really jazz up FS9!?!?

Hi Mike

Windows 7 x64 Pro Haswell 4.GHz

Thanks for all that. Very helpful and informative too. Cheers.

But does it only apply to FS9 as I'm running FSX Gold, or can it be applied to FSX as well?

My pleasure! This will apply to FS9 and FSX. Exact same steps but replace FS9 with FSX and you're in business.

M

it seems that you don't need to disable nvidia inspector settings, just enable DSR in Nvidia Control Panel and new resolutions will be available :)

FSX looks amazing at 4K, but it's hard on FPS. I'll do some more testing and upload screenshots

Wow, fs9 can handle 4K resolution on my system, it's really amazing

Zeljko, perhaps you could post your Nvidia CP settings here? That would be a great help. Thanks.

Zeljko, perhaps you could post your Nvidia CP settings here? That would be a great help. Thanks.

I use default settings in Nvidia Control Panel, the only thing i changed - i have enabled all DSR resolutions. I'm still playing with DSR - smoothness, i'm not sure how it works :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/camy4frecoipcmh/Capture.JPG?dl=0

it seems that you don't need to disable nvidia inspector settings, just enable DSR in Nvidia Control Panel and new resolutions will be available :)

FSX looks amazing at 4K, but it's hard on FPS. I'll do some more testing and upload screenshots

You're right, you don't need to disable your inspector settings however, when I set them to default, that's when I experienced the full effect of what DSR had to offer. The first attempt I made, I just kept my inspector settings as they were tweaked for FSX running Steve's DX10 SceneryFixer and I wasn't impressed at all. Read Mitch's post about the NVIDIA Control Panel settings and resetting your Inspector settings to default and the difference was night and day. Export your Inspector settings, re-set FSX or FS9 to default and see how it looks. If you don't like it, you can always import the settings back in and pick up right where you left off.

M

just tried, i'll keep my nvidia inspector settings :) This is great for FS9, for FSX - some test should be performed with FPS, VAS etc. For now, i can run FSX on 2351x1323x32 over my 1920x1080 native resolution with PMDG 777 without too much FPS hit. GA flyers will be very happy with this :)

But i can run good old FS9 on 3840x2160x32 with PMDG MD11 and Leo Maddog, and this is really amazing

Hi all exactly which new Nvidia drivers are we on about?

Please search our forum headers ... all will be revealed.

Hi all exactly which new Nvidia drivers are we on about?

new 344.48

One question. If its so sharp, is that a good thing for fs9? Do we really need to see the blurries even clearer?

with good settings in nvidia CP or nvidia inspector there are no bluries. For me it's a very good thing that could make me use fs9 much more

I have increased the resolution to 2103 x 1314 and while it has given me a larger resolution, the smaller sized desktop icons and general text fonts do not appear ti be razor sharp as they were before upping the resolution from the 1920 x 1200. Is that normal, or am I doing something wrong?

I have increased the resolution to 2103 x 1314 and while it has given me a larger resolution, the smaller sized desktop icons and general text fonts do not appear ti be razor sharp as they were before upping the resolution from the 1920 x 1200. Is that normal, or am I doing something wrong?

Yes, you don't need to increase desktop resolution, only in-game resolution. Keep your normal desktop resolution, and when you lunch fs9/fsx, go to settings / display and set higher resolution

Alas, I still use my old 9800 GT which will not take the newest driver :(

I'm having a BLAST with FS9 now!   I have tried to capture grabs with Print Screen, and have looked in my Picture and Document Folders, but can't seem to find any generated. Too bad...'cause the cloud base around me, the new detail off of the main landing lights of my 737, detail never noticed before, the dark interior casing around the light lens (wow!), etc...the light itself sending out a sparkle glow, and all coming out at DSR 2.0/33%.

Man, is FS9 gonna get equal air-time along with P3D, FSX, and XPX.  DSR is the greatest thing to come along, since the proverbial sliced-bread.  I have nothing set now, in any of my sims, as N.I. is concerned. Only sim in-house settings that I have always run with...and every problem, every blur, every shimmer, everything that we have always talked about...and tweaked ourselves to DEATH about...within any sim platform...is -----------------------------.POOF----------------------done and gone.  It seems that dropping the pixel size (by doubling the output) was always, and is the answer to artifact-free flight simulation.   What a great thing to have come along...and thank goodness, just before I was going to yet again..drop hundreds of dollars on a new graphics card.  If I need to upgrade my video RAM, sure...that will be the reason, but to create virtual reality?  Nope...the GTX680/DSR combo is now running the show, in that department!   Long live FS9...the KING of the Big Iron!  :rolleyes: