Sign in to follow this  
marbasan

MagaSceneryEarth European mess

Hi, 

Although I have problems with other sceneries England, Belgium, Netherland, etc. I will address in more details the problem I have with the Germany North scenery since this is the scenery that is in worse shape.   Around Neubrandenburg there are three areas that have different texture, color, resolution, etc. adjacent to each other and meet at one common point.  I don´t think is my wrong doing because I have used the FSX for several years, have followed the installations instructions very closely and reloaded the scenery several time by hand (one by one) and also as a group using their Installer Manager utility software. There are other areas within the same scenery that have the same kind of problem as well as discoloring, watermasking, etc. a real mess.    

Other sceneries with similar problems :

The area around the airport of Northampton, EGBK in the England Scenery has the same problem with adjacent areas of different quality and texture.

The area around the airport of Brussels EBMB, Belgium.

The area around the airports of St Hubert EBSU and Bertrix EBBX, Belgium

Northern border line Netherland and North Germany big mess!!!

I would assume these sceneries are still in beta and they should quickly go back to their drawing board and redo them completely. I have sent to PC Aviation’s support dept. more than 10 e-mails, have opened more than 3 different tickets and no answer. At the price they charge they will make quite a few customers pretty angry, meaning they will lose them forever. They have lost me. Good luck with PC Aviation´s MGSE.

Marbasan.

Ps, I have images that show above mess but I could not find out how to attached them.   

Have you checked if tile numbers are missing.

I have posted on Avsim & PC Aviator forum a list of tiles numbers which I am missing.

According to PC Aviator no one else has reported missing tiles.

Germany North has an update for several missing tiles, but I have more missing.

The Netherland & Belgium are OK on my FSX, not got England.

I have posted screenies here in an earlier thread about their Germany offer. No response from them. Their US sceneries seem to be much better, as I assume they can get better source data for them.

To be honest, I have given up on them for any European country. Switzerland is almost as bad as Germany in respect to color variations (these are the only two I have and they are the last ones I have bought from them). Also for me those sceneries are still very much in beta and should not have been released.

Somehow you feel like have been taken for a ride, especially as there is no response from them whatsoever.

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Hi, as I understand PC Aviator purchased MegaSceneryEarth  from the original owners and I purchased from the original company  Florida, Hawaii, Reno, Las Vegas and NY sceneries. These old sceneries have different file structure which dosen´t allow the use of the new MSE 2.0 and MSE UR Cities File Exclusion Database . Since I had area overlay trouble with new Orlando UltraRes and old Florida sceneries, I asked PC Aviator to allow me to download the MSE 2.0 new version of Florida (other above mentioned old sceneries are I good shape). I received the following answer and they did not allow me to download the new MSE 2.0:

Hi there, 

Unfortunately the Exclusion database is only for MSE 2.0 state scenery. Older MSE scenery packages were developed and sold by a different developer. Only  the MSE 2.0 textures will work with the exclusions.

Dean Bielanowski

Is  this fare ????          I leave  the  answer to this question to the readers.

yea pretty fair, they didn't sell you a product warranted to work with an earlier version not published by them....so why should they just give you a freebie?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I am sorry Mr. kevinfirth ,  but I think they are ethically responsible (not everything is money) by assuming  responsibility for the original companys´ sceneries specially so  when they cause “area overlay” trouble with their new sceneries as it is in my case with the old Florida scenery and the new Orlando Ultra Ress. They are all branches of the same tree.   Respectfully. Marbasan.

PS, and: YEA, you look very handsome and assertive on your picture. Congratulation!!   

As I understand, Larry from simsavy never sold individual states, only the entire US on one external hard drive. But my memory can of course fail me   :rolleyes:  ^_^

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

MR. bernd1151, included my old MSE sceneries order history for your analisis:

Order #

Status Date Products purchased Total #44370 details>> Processed 08/02/2013 10:07 CALIFORNIA-009 (Qty: 1)   WASHINGTON-001 (Qty: 1)   New Jersey Complete State (Qty: 1)   CALIFORNIA-008 (Qty: 1)   CALIFORNIA-024 (Qty: 1) $ 33.19 #27564 details>> Processed 08/31/2012 17:07 City Pack - New York (Qty: 1) $ 12.48 #26889 details>> Processed 05/28/2012 21:51 FLORIDA - COMPLETED TO DATE (Qty: 1) $ 29.98

Mr. bernd1151, also included my new MSE sceneries order history for your analisis:

Order #

Status Date Products purchased Total #73988 details>> Processed 09/30/2014 12:34 Germany North (Qty: 1) $ 21.58 #73926 details>> Incomplete 09/29/2014 09:17 Germany North (Qty: 1) $ 39.95 #71939 details>> Processed 08/31/2014 13:13 Switzerland Complete Country (Qty: 1) $ 14.98 #71835 details>> Processed 08/30/2014 19:56 The Netherlands Complete Country (Qty: 1) $ 14.98 #71796 details>> Processed 08/30/2014 12:56 Belgium Complete Country (Qty: 1) $ 14.98 #68862 details>> Processed 07/18/2014 11:52 England & Wales Complete Country (Qty: 1) $ 23.97 #55181 details>> Processed 01/12/2014 15:28 Ultra-Res Cities - Orlando (Qty: 1) $ 19.95 #46924 details>> Processed 09/05/2013 14:12 Hawaii Complete State - Special $5 Edition (Qty: 1) $ 5.00 #46267 details>> Processed 08/30/2013 15:12 Texas - South East (Qty: 1) $ 29.96 #45673 details>> Processed 08/20/2013 15:52 California South (Qty: 1) $ 35.96

this is my personal experience with MegasceneryEarth and the previous versions:

-If you want quality photoreal scenery there is only one way of doing that, make your own using SbuilderX or any other method out there

-if you want seasons, specially in northern Europe, you will have to create your own scenery.

-I personally find the Aerosoft version of Germany to be a more accurate depiction of landscape and colors.

In order to improve whatever photoreal scenery I have (payware), I do two things, (1) I always redo coastlines in order to accurately depict waters around the area (rivers, lakes & oceans), and (2) I create my own photoreal scenery, using an airport as a base and creating a radius of about 50 to 75 miles of LOD18 (if available)  for the first 20 to 30 miles, and LOD17 for the remainder of the radius. I also create winter textures for that radius.

I find that by doing that I can indeed enjoy the scenery much better.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Mr, Annber, really appreciate your input. Have a lot of work to do and learn. Was not aware that so many things could be done on your own. TY!!!  Marbasan.

yes sbuilderx will become your best friend, i use FSET1.3 as well.

its not comprehensive but you may find some stuff i did a cpl of years ago interesting as a start. www.flightsimscenery.blogspot.com

for much much more info including tutorials and lots of friendly support go to www.fsdeveloper.com :)

good luck, but you will lose your life to it, be warned! :P

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I bought a couple of Megascenery areas, mainly off the back of the excellent releases of Socal and Hawaii. However, with that in mind, I purchased all of Switzerland, hmm, it's now uninstalled! :mad:

From what I remember, some of Switzerland is actually not covered and the colour rendering on different tiles is a real mismatch. So, MSE won't be getting any more of my hard earned money. A shame really, because if they had put as much effort into supplying the same high standard as they did with their earlier releases, then IMO their photo sceneries would be a real catch.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Agreed a lot of there stuff is very ordinary However the high res citys are very good. They cover huge areas and are typically 10-15g downloads, so what I do now is just install a city whenever I buy a new airport eg FSDT KJFK and pop the MSE high res New York underneath it and looks great on approach in a tubeliner

ZORAN

Interesting you should say that Zoran, because I've been thinking of doing exactly the same! Maybe I should revisit that idea.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Howard, they work out pretty good value when at 40% sales they always have. I try to avoid buying airports now unless they are covered by MSEcitys (USA)

ZORAN