Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

New Active Sky Next (ASN) Build Out...

Build 5410 a 55MB service pack for P3D. B)

Available for download on their site.

RE Thomason Jr.

We never sleep. :Cuppa::P

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Could anyone please confirm if the flat / parallel cloud problem occurs in this version of ASN.

I currently run Opus and am thinking of switching over if that's not an issue with this engine.

Could anyone please confirm if the flat / parallel cloud problem occurs in this version of ASN.

I currently run Opus and am thinking of switching over if that's not an issue with this engine.

While I have never used OPUS, I did use the REX ESS+ WX engine and I have since switched to ASN (about 6-8 months ago) and I have honestly never looked back and prior to my purchase I have looked at various forums and videos showcasing FSGlobal Real WX, OPUS, REX, and ASN. Personally to me REX 4 Texture Direct and Active Sky Next is the PERFECT WX simulation bar none. With the settings tweaked in REX4 and ASN you can get exceptionally accurate WX results in FSX and P3D, add PrecipitFX to the batch and the WX scene becomes rather stunning.

Keep in mind that NO WX engine is going to give you 100% accurate looking WX as if you are looking out your window, I can however say that ASN replicates this to an 85-90% accurate simulation however. The ASN team really has gone above and beyond with their product and I fully stand behind it. If you are still unsure download their program and use it FREE FOR 7 DAYS no credit/debit card required, and since the SP1 update they have reset all the 7 day trial licenses so that users can see what the new update has brought.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

If you are talking about the flat VERTICAL and parallel clouds - that is NOT a problem with ASN. It is/was an FSX problem that continues in P3D and can display with ANY weather engine.

If that's not what you were talking about - sorry.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors