Sign in to follow this  
AZWildk4t

LINDA conflict with Leo Bodnar BU0836X card

I am in need of some help to resolve an issue with the Leo Bodnar BU0836x card. I have 2 cards - one to control the EFIS and another to control the Overhead Panel light switches.

I have been running just fine with the BU0836X card for the EFIS. But today, I tried to add a second card. The first problem I noticed is FSX would crash when I loaded the PMDG 737NGX airplane. I was able to work around it for now. However, when I try to use LINDA to map the second card, it switches to my original BU0836X card. It appears that LINDA cannot separate the 2 BU0836X cards and it's inputs.

AZWild

Sorry to hear about your problem. I have no knowledge of the card you mention. However, to be able to offer any advice can you tell how does the card interface with your PC and how LINDA registers the first card. Is it as a USB HID (joystick)? Have you tried editing the names of the cards on the set up page?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi,

I have used 2 cards without problem with LINDA.

You need to rename the second card as ScotFlieger suggest.

Good luck,

Michel

Michel Veréb

Thanks Scott and Michel for the response. 

Scott - it's seen as a joystick. I'll try to rename it and see if that solves the issue.

AZWild

As Andydigital states, go to the LINDA Settings tab and select Setup Joysticks. Here you will see the HID controllers listed and you can change the names of your cards.  This should ensure that LINDA see 2 different cards instead of one and remove you conflict.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi there folks,

I have a similar sounding problem, and hoping someone can help me.

I already have 3 fully programmed and fully functioning Bodnar cards. Each one has been individually re-named, e,g, O/H Upper, O/D Lower and EFIS.

I have connected a fourth card and have named it Pedestal. 

Unfortunately when the fourth card is connected, Linda confuses which is which, such that the programming functions end up assigned to the wrong card. 

I had the same issue when I originally installed the three cards, and the way I got around this problem was by totally reprogramming all of them from scratch. Naturally, this is reasonable effort and a lot of lost time to do this all over again with four cards. Just wondering if there is a way to avoid this?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance or tips!!!

Which Bodnar card models are you using and do you get a unique serial number on the Setup Joysticks page for each? The serial number was added to stop the cards being added out of order. Without it LINDA can not discriminate between different identical devices. If you change the order and USB ports you use, it is essential you do not change this order unnecessarily.

There is no need to reprogram your set up from scratch. You can edit the config-hid.lua file (for each aircraft in /linda-cfg/aircrafts/) to change the last figure in each device block. It is in the form VVVVPPPPX where V=vendor ID, P=Product ID and X=unique index number for each similar device added. The X is allocated from 0 (zero). It may take a couple of attempts to get the correct order.

You may also need to edit the system config-hid.lua in linda-cfg/system/ - I can not remember how this affects multiple identical device.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scott - you are a genius!!! Thank you very much. Just changing device numbers in the config hid file fixed the problem... Once again, many tnx!!!

Glad you have it sorted. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK