Sign in to follow this  
davjg

Prepar3D finally gonna try it

Hi everyone

I do not know what to expect once I finish downloading Prepar3D, I seriously hope that I won't regret it. I have already tried X-plane 10., I simply did not like it. The mouse and wheel did it for me, I hate it. I am not saying xplane is a bad platform, it just didn't click for me. I am a airliner guy, I wanted to be ready when PMDG bring their baby over to Prepar3D, I got the airbus 318/319 it gotta be awesome.

wish me luck

David

Best of luck. Just remember, like you did when you got Xplane, treat P3D as a new sim. A lot of people get P3D because it is a different Sim and then try to tweak it as if it was the same as FSX....go figure..

Try with everything as default. P3D does inject a lot of stuff that FSX simply doesnt have so it will be heavy in any system. Also, P3d recommends a 2Gb video card, adn there are good reasons why, the program is actually far more optimised to make use of the hardware than FSX was.

Hope you have fun with it.

I just took the plunge and was pleasantly surprised. I have just a 1Gb card, but am getting good frame rates with cloud shadows on and it's just gorgeous. I plan to keep P3D fairly clean and use it for low and slow. The only thing I really miss is ENB. Best of luck to you! I'm sure you'll love it.

Oh, and did I mention how smooth it is? :)

Hi All!

After trying this out for the first time for hours. My mind was thinking "how on earth did you take this long to try this out? I couldn't believe how kick &@($* this is. In my first approach with prepar3d was amazing. Those of you that are sitting on the fence like me, has no idea, seriously no idea what you are missing. My experience was flawless from FSX to P3D, it's like FSX on steroid. I am sure glad I did it. I will have FSX on one drive and P3D on another drive.

I do have a question. When loading it how do i avoid from going straight to the airport sitting in my fighter jet? Isn't there a menu I can go to first prior to flying? Btw those shadow in the flight deck is so gorgeous and immersive. I am a very very happy simmer.

David.

When loading it how do i avoid from going straight to the airport sitting in my fighter jet?

David,

Select "Create Scenario" from the menu. Then tick to go to that screen each time you boot up P3D.

Glad you're enjoying. It is certainly alot more immersive than FSX with or without DX10.

Cheers,

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Hi All!

After trying this out for the first time for hours. My mind was thinking "how on earth did you take this long to try this out? I couldn't believe how kick &@($* this is. In my first approach with prepar3d was amazing. Those of you that are sitting on the fence like me, has no idea, seriously no idea what you are missing. My experience was flawless from FSX to P3D, it's like FSX on steroid. I am sure glad I did it. I will have FSX on one drive and P3D on another drive.

I do have a question. When loading it how do i avoid from going straight to the airport sitting in my fighter jet? Isn't there a menu I can go to first prior to flying? Btw those shadow in the flight deck is so gorgeous and immersive. I am a very very happy simmer.

David.

Hi David,

congrats you made the step tp P3D2. To create scenarios you can do this by following the advice of Adam or you go ahead and get the SimlauncherX. It is freeware and gives you alot of options to create a scenario. Check it out here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453567-simlauncherx-the-freeware-tool-everyone-has-been-waiting-for/

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Thank you guys for the tip. I am currently flying my Airbus 319. This is a no brainer for anyone thinking about switching over. I am not a Airbus guy I am more of a Boeing guy. I just can't wait for PMDG to bring it over here.

Again thanks

David

I bought it 2-3 weeks ago and enjoy it a lot.  I mainly fly GA and the Majestic Q400 in it for now, but I'll definitely upgrade my T7 to P3D.  Let's hope for a reasonable cost of upgrading.

sig01.png