Sign in to follow this  
sd75lover

stuck at 10000

Every flight I do my aircraft is always cruising at FL100 WHEN I set the t7 to fly higher at like fl320

Or something

0: read the manual. There's an "introduction Manual" about 3 pages long at the start. do not skip this, even if you have been flying other PMDG products for years.

1: Sign your name on your post or signature.

2: Hover the mouse over the area  I have circled in yellow and roll your mouse wheel away from you until the number is as high as you want to go (note that the number will roll up to 45000ft even if the aircraft can't physically get there at the weight.)

777_mcp.jpg

3: Click the button I have put a yellow square around.

4: The aircraft will climb, but it will probably get overspeeds/stalls if you don't do something with your airspeed window as you climb.

5: Thrust has very little to do with airspeed.

6: If you have fsinn, turn off the weather. It's wrong, and you will have problems above FL240

7: If you don't know what fsinn is, then you probably don't have fsinn.

Every flight I do my aircraft is always cruising at FL100 WHEN I set the t7 to fly higher at like fl320
Or something

If you haven't flown the tutorial flight, you should fly it. My bet is that you're just doing something incorrectly. The tutorial effectively shows you how to use the aircraft.

7: If you don't know what fsinn is, then you probably don't have fsinn.

haha

Kyle Rodgers

Sign your name on your post or signature.

I think that broad hint was wasted, Trent.

yeah but i want to use my FMC

Not sure what you mean, you can still use the FMC, you just have to dial in the altitude you want the plane to climb to. For example, if you enter 10000 than the plane will not climb past that altitude, however, if your cruise altitude is FL360 for example, then you have to dial 36000 into the altitude on the MCP, after that the FMC will climb to that altitude.

However, if you see "VNAV ALT" on the primary flight display then you need to push the altitude knob and the plane will enter "VNAV SPD" and start climbing.

yeah but i want to use my FMC

I think you might have a big misunderstanding of how the plane works, because I think you might not understand the basic interactions between the FMC and the MCP. Read the tutorial; it'll answer your questions, and if you have more questions after that feel free to post them here.

omg so weird I have to dump fuel to get to cruising

You really don't. Planes don't depart with full tanks usually, and if they do, they fly at the altitude that's appropriate for that weight. As many others have stated here, you should really fly the tutorial flight. It will provide you with a lot of knowledge that you quite honestly require to fly this plane. It's a study sim - not something you can just fire up and fly with little to no knowledge and expect it to work properly.

Kyle Rodgers

My bet is - its a troll, since he does not even follow the simplest of tipps, maybe the glider would be a better suitable AC for him....

regards

My bet is - its a troll, since he does not even follow the simplest of tipps, maybe the glider would be a better suitable AC for him....

regards

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: You could well be right!

Dear sd75lover,

1.) Please be so kind and read this post, as it will help you to find help in this forum....

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

2.) Please read the supplied PMDG-777-Introduction.pdf which you will find in ...your FSX Folder\PMDG\\PMDG777X\Flight Manuals

3.) Please read and follow the PMDG-777-Tutorial-1.pdf found in the same folder....

4.) Further reading in PMDG-777-FCOMv1.pdf; PMDG-777-FCOMv2.pdf and PMDG-777-FCTM....

5.) if, after all that reading you still have any questions - please feel free to come back and post with a full name signature - and specific detailed (qualified) question, and a lot of people will be happy to help.

6.) If that all does not answer your questions - please file a support ticket at:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx

7.) Don't expect other people to do the reading for you....

kind regards

I recommend reading the tutorial flight 1, it will teach you what you need to know on how to fly the plane

It should be located in \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Flight Manuals\PMDG-737NGX-Tutorial-1.pdf