Sign in to follow this  
srburger

GA recomendations

I have been flying the LDS 767 pretty much non-stop since it's release. I am finishing a Round the World flight to all of my Payware Airports. I would like a nice GA to go low and slow and easy. I would like to see if any one has any opinions. I dont want to have a complicated GA just get in and do a little flying.Thanks

Thats one I am considering. I just want a simple airplane. I dont know if I want to mess with the GNS 430 and weather radar. I guess I want the opposite of an airliner.

The Bonanza isn't that complex really. You don't need to actually use the radar, and the GPS isn't that different from the FS default once you get used to it. Other than that it's really not that more complex than the C172 except that it's faster and heavier. It's definitely one of the best GA addons at the moment.The Carenado Cherokee 180 is pretty much the oposite of an airliner :DAlso check out the Flight1 C172 and the Aerosoft Katana.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest danowat

The Aerosoft Katana is a very nice plane indeed.I brought it ages ago, and never actually flew it till recently, and was amazed, the VC is definatly one of the best I have seen.Dan.

Guest wildfire563

The Long Island Classic's Aeronca/Scout/Decathalon aircraft are very nice for low and slow VFR, nice VC, simple panels, and freeware. I'm also partial to the Aerosoft Beaver, but that's a bit more complicated, but not much, if you don't care, you can just hop in and fly. I like planes that have a float/amphibious option.Thomas

Guest Boone

The one GA plane that I keep going back to is the FSD Cheyenne. The fact that they've just updated this beauty makes it even better. Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

The RealAir Marchetti is the plane I keep going back to.www.realairsimulations.comGreat handling, crisp panel, and an unobstructed view due to the bubble canopy. Read the five-star review here on Avsim.http://www.avsim.com/pages/0104/ras260/s260.htmAnother good choice is the "true classic" Dreamfleet Archer or as mentioned in the other posts, the very complete brand-new Dreamfleet Bonanza.

Bert

My favorite smaller GA aircraft are:-Dreamfleet Piper Archer II-Flight1 Cessna 172You can't go wrong with either of those, or also just about anything from FSD or RealAir as well. It really depends on what you want as far as aircraft performance, range, IFR or VFR, etc.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Hi Andrew,If you want to fly low and really slow, check out Alexander Metzger's replacement airfile for the default Piper Cub. It's top notch. Among other things, you'll see on his website that Alexander did the airfiles for Flight1's ATR and Dreamfleet's Bonanza. He's now working on Aeroworx's T-6:http://homepage.iprolink.ch/metzger/index_e.htmlKen

You cant go wrong with the Real Air Simulations SF-260 - simply the best looking light GA aircraft available for FS2002/FS2004Excellent frame rates (alot better than the Dreamfleet Bonanza on my system - 80fps compared to 30fps)Superb visibilitySmooooooooooth GaugesSimple and easy to fly with "real-world" accurate flight dynamicsThen again if you want to go REALLY low and REALLY slow how about the Quad-city Challenger By Lynn & Bill Lyons. Superb Ultralight with brilliant visibility.RegardsAdam

I've been using his airfile for a while now and I like it. Certainly makes the groundhandling a bit more sensible :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

>The RealAir Marchetti is the plane I keep going back to.>>www.realairsimulations.com>>Great handling, crisp panel, and an unobstructed view due to>the bubble canopy. Read the five-star review here on Avsim.>http://www.avsim.com/pages/0104/ras260/s260.htm>>Another good choice is the "true classic" Dreamfleet Archer or>as mentioned in the other posts, the very complete brand-new>Dreamfleet Bonanza. Had all three of these on my mind too. Very good choices!L.Adamson

Thanks for the tip on the Piper Cub air-file!Adding it and the "Kitten" liveries makes this an outstanding plane and a ton of fun to fly!

Bert

Guest spookymufu

I fly the Flight1 420c almost exclusively for my GA plane, I love it.