Sign in to follow this  
diamondstar

ASDEX not working

No matter what I select in the Briefing section: F/O won't turn the XPDR on during taxi to the runway / won't leave it on during taxi to the gate.

Regards, Tom

No matter what I select in the Briefing section: F/O won't turn the XPDR on during taxi to the runway / won't leave it on during taxi to the gate.

He should turn it on during the Before Start Flow... he's not doing that?

Hi Bryan,

No problem here - ASDEX works as designed, FO selects XPDR on the transponder pannel - and before entering the runway sets it to TCAS:::

regards

He should turn it on during the Before Start Flow... he's not doing that?

No, he's not... No matter what's set, he leaves it off after the before start flow. And turns it off when "ok to clean up"...

Just FYI I am having this issue also. I have selected ASDEX in the departure briefing page. I have tried both Playing the briefing audio in full and using the "are you ready for the departure brief", "any questions" shortcut and with both the transponder is never put into xpndr during taxi. Other than making sure it is set in the departure brief page is there something else i could be doing wrong?