Sign in to follow this  
doog

Control calibration

I'm an x-plane guy but bought and am trying out p3d to compare. I like the visuals but am having a difficult time calibrating my equipment and keeping it calibrated. Seems I have to run the calibration functions every time I start the sim. I'm able to save a profile and load that to save some time, but it's still a pain and never works quite right. In x-plane I configured everything once and I'm good. Any tips? I have mostly Saitek stuff.

I've recently transitioned mainly to x plane partly because control in P3D/FSX can be so twitchy. I don't understand how given the same hardware I can't seem to trim for hands free straight an level, but in XP it is a breeze. Interested to see responses.

Chris

I'm having the same problem. You can reset your hardware by unplugging/re-plugging the USB connection.

Hi Doog,

All my controllers are Saitek also, yoke, rudder, quadrants... My advice, install FSUIPC, disable controllers in the menu of P3D, and let FSUIPC take over control and calibration of all your controllers. Your mind will blow if you see all the functions and systems that you can control through this program. I suggest also google for "simsamurai's FSUIPC guide, which can be downloaded on a few sites for free. It is a shortened manual, giving you the basic setups (helped me to quickly understand how it works). I cannot live without this installed.

If you have switch panel, radio panel, etc., I suggest you download and install SPAD, now at version 1.5.1. It takes over the control of your Saitek panels, and just works.

I also had some frustrations with the Saitek controllers using the built-in control function of P3D.

My advice, install FSUIPC, disable controllers in the menu of P3D

Now, why didn't I think of that? I have a registered version...doh!

thanks Vlooi123