Sign in to follow this  
Haza

Go-around

Hello Byran,

Thanks for a good product however just a couple of niggles, I was on final approach in landing config but yet to do landing check list and called 'go-around' and the green bar reproduced what I had said confirming the computer understood however my FO did nothing, I tried again with 'Missed approach' nothing, then he would listen to any of my commands to do with flaps and seemed to freeze untill I put the panal back round to 'intial climb'

What is the exact go around procedure, had a look in manaual and cannot find much info.

Kind regards

H

Hi Haza, and Hi Bryan - 

I had the exact same problem today - tried it a few times with manual landing as well as autoland, I call Go Around - green bar reads - go around - only my young FO seems so overwhelmed by this situation and freezes - never calls positive rate... (as he should acc. to your manual) and does not react to my commands like Gear up - Flaps 20 nothing until I reset the bar.....

secondly on a small side note: In the preflight flow there cabin crew does not close my 4L door, I always have to close and arm it manually.... I thought that at +2 the doors should get closed or am I wrong - only 2L + freight doors close automatically....

And a third little observation. The cabin attendend serving my coffee nearly breaks the cockpit door everytime she knocks... unrealistically loud that soundset 

Thanks for this excellent product - you nailed it again Bryan, and I know V1.1 (which hopefully comes sooon) will have all these little notches ironed out........

And one more little request: could you add "going around" to the phrasology ? so its also accepted...

Kind reagards

Hi guys,

The go around procedure is here:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=procedures4

It's very simple.

Just say "Go around" or "Missed Approach".

Apply power and pull up.

The FO will announce positive rate, then you call for gear up, etc., and it's just like any other departure.

Hi guys,

The go around procedure is here:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=procedures4

It's very simple.

Just say "Go around" or "Missed Approach".

Apply power and pull up.

The FO will announce positive rate, then you call for gear up, etc., and it's just like any other departure.

Hi Bryan,

I have tried this according to the book.... (printed out infront of me) to no avail... sorry, the positive rate call just never comes....

P.S.: I'm one of the guy's who do read the manual....  ;-))

regards

Iv tried it again Byran and I am used to the procedure like other FS2crew products but get a freeze and no positive climb or responce with flap retraction.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards.

Voice mode- green bar says 'go around' when called- the main bar stays in Landing. However I now have a response off him but only after about 2 mins, slighly behind the drag curve on this one!

Regards

Just a side note to G/A. Would you normally call for Flaps 20 and VREF20 speed just after speaking "Go Around" and before "positive climb" is annunciated ?

I read Flaps 20 was common for Go Around to avoid tailstrikes if possible

Thanks

Michael 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The correct procedure and callout from Boeing FCOM when initiating a Go Around is :

PF : At the same time, push the TO/GA switch and call "FLAPS 20"

PM : Position the flap lever to 20

Both : verify the rotation to go-around attitude, and that the thrust increases

PM : Verify that thrust is sufficient for the go-around or adjust as needed

PM : Verify a positive rate of climb on the altimeter and call "POSITIVE RATE"

PF : Verify a positive rate of climb on the altimeter and call "GEAR UP"

PM : set the landing gear lever to UP

PF : Limit bank angle to 15 degrees if airspeed is below minimum maneuver speed

PF : above 400ft radio altitude, select or verify a roll mode

PM : Verify that the missed approach altitude is set

Both : verify that the missed approach route is tracked

PF : at acceleration height, set speed to the maneuver speed for the planned flap setting

PF : call "FLAPS ___" according to the flaps retraction schedule

PM : Set the flap lever as directed

PF : after flaps are set to the planned flap setting and at or above flap maneuvering speed, select FLCH or VNAV as needed

Both : verify that climb thrust is set

Both : verify that the missed approach altitude is captured

PF : Call "AFTER TAKEOFF CHECKLIST"

PM : Do the AFTER TAKEOFF checklist

I don't know if it is modeled like that in FS2Crew

Stephane

vpa055.png

Are you using Voice Control or Button Control?

What does the Main Display (mode) say when you are trying to call for the go around

Do you see Go Around in the green bar when you announce it?

Hi Bryan,

I use Voice control - and the voice command is recognized in the green bar as "go around".....

however, as said before - the positive rate call does not come - when it should come.

of course it would be nice if the command could be changed to "Go(ing) around - flaps 20" as a single phase....

like:

PF - "Go(ing) around - flaps 20"

PM - "Positive Rate"

PF - "Gear Up"

PF - "Set Speed xxx"

then all other commands like after takeoff......(roll mode, flaps retraction etc.)

kind regards

On my system its in "cleanup" after i had the landing checklist, so no go around is working here

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

One more thing related to the approach. The cleared is only working after landing checklist.Is this normal? Sometimes you get clearance way out and have not a stabilized aircraft already. i normal first arm the g/s IF clearence from ATC has been initiated. This is also different with the NGX.Did 4 goarounds and everytime cleanup was the next fase after landing checklist.when i announced goaround .saying go around and the panel switch to after takeoff checklist

Thanks Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks Byran! Iv done some more test and the panal changes to 'After T/O' but little else happens and FO doesn't respond to any command.