Sign in to follow this  
mjl1966

737 autopilot (yes, again. yes, have read many posts.)

I have read the manual, posts and tutorials all about the CS 737-200 autopilot and how it *should* work.  I have a simple problem that I'm wondering if anybody else has seen or has any insight about.  Real simple:  Even if I turn the elevator channel off, the autopilot continues to use trim to correct pitch.  It fights me when I start using the yoke.  SOMETIMES the CWS pitch works, sometimes it doesn't.  It doesn't matter if the mode switch is hold, off or turb.  I have had it where the mode switch is in the OFF position and both channel paddles are OFF (down) and it STILL fights me.  

Is this just me?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, mjl. What did you try so far? Off the top of my head I would come up with trying to calibrate via FSUIPC or to remove an existing FSUIPC calibration to see if it makes any difference.

That fact that you are describing a sometimes working, sometimes not working system doesn't make things easier of course, but one could try reducing any possible error sources. Namely, run a test with disconnected joysticks and yokes and use the mouse or keyboard only (eek, I know), just to check if the core system is able to perform as expected.

Engagement and disengagement of the AP should take place in full, means leave out any single channel modes for now. Just flip both paddles all the time and also avoid using the default key press in FSX to enable/disable things.

Sign in to follow this