Sign in to follow this  
uhntissbaby111

No FSX in programs list

The other night I went to my windows control panel and then over to the programs list page when you want to uninstall something, and I noticed that FSX is missing from that list, so is Xplane 10. All of my addons are listed. I tried searching google for an answer and couldn't find one. Also some programs don't have a file size listed, but I read that this is common. Does anyone know why this could be happening? Thank you

It's possible that some other installer or uninstaller has corrupted the windows registry item containing the list of installed programs where they keep their uninstall information. You can try a repair of FSX from the DVD, and try to repair or reinstall other affected programs again so they refresh their installation information in the registry. Or go back to a windows restore point but that could drop you back too far, first create a restore point if you are going to try that.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I tried to do the repair method from the DVD and no go. I forgot to add, I know it used to be listed there, and now it's gone. Only thing is it's been months since I saw that list so I have no idea when it happened. I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall today after work

Adam, that's normal.  Control Panel shows only the latest FSX mod installed.  In my case it lists "Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration".  If you have SP2 instead of Acceleration, that's what will show up.

As you uninstall mods, the underlying layers will appear.  Uninstalling Acceleration I would probably see SP1, and after that, FSX itself.  Like peeling an onion.

John