Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Vector 1.20 update released

Download  it from the FTX ORBX website, 5+ GB.

Yah and its awesome take a flight out of salt lake city and tell me you dont see a difference - excellent

Rich Sennett

It's nice to see the waterbodies in the US and Canada actually be true to real life. This is a great improvement.

A 1.20 full install (instead of this patch) will soon be available for new buyers.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Download  it from the FTX ORBX website, 5+ GB.

Sure is...but y'all....don't forget, or ignore----a system defrag run......

I have streams and rivers running through cities....in towns and cities I am familiar with..and there are NO rivers and streams....it seems way over the top for this?

Has anybody else seen this?

I am now going to turn off small rivers, etc..and see if that clears things up.  So far...I dunno....

Post Edit: Ok..I turned off Small Rivers and Streams. I hope this cleans up Aqua-Land......

Post Edit 2:  Good news...if you turn off Small Rivers and Streams, reality comes back.  I really love how major water ways, are now present, and actually look pretty much as they truly are...good stuff.

Post Edit:3:   Not bad...there are now marinas, where they should be...and lo and behold, breakwaters as well.    I just found that for my tastes, I have to turn off Small Rivers and Streams, as rivers and streams running through neighborhoods....well....you know.  Everything else, seems fine.  Good update.

The problem will persist until FTX Global LC for North America is released. The land class data in FSX and P3d is too old to ever match up precisely with the Vector hydrography coverages.

The problem will persist until FTX Global LC for North America is released. The land class data in FSX and P3d is too old to ever match up precisely with the Vector hydrography coverages.

You're absolutely right!   V1.20 rocks in Europe. I'm flying right now within Germany...and oh man...has Vector 1.20 cast its light!   Excellent!!!  Small streams and rivers are natural looking now....

I guess we'll have to wait for OpenLC North America.....

how to get rid of those 800 foot high bridges?

LM problem nothing to do with Orbx - and LM  is aware of it

Rich Sennett

LM problem nothing to do with Orbx - and LM  is aware of it

Rich, I sure wish that ORBX would pump out OpenLC N.A. SOONER than later!

When I first fired up P3D.x, FSX after my v1.20 install and defrag, I settled down on the runway at KFNT, and decided to see what was going on across the border, into Canada.  I flew over the Detroit River, and saw that v1.20 Small River and Streams had put its blanket pretty much over any and all terrain.  What?  I then shut down,  un-checked that water feature, fired up again, and it looked pretty good, on the Canadian side of things.  I'm now excited for this product...but...but...in Europe...WOW....finally, really great looking road systems, that join towns and cities...DOUBLE LANE highways..that look and meander the part.  I guess that I am going to be flying mostly Europe now, until North America is released.  Between OpenLC Europe, and the Vector 1.20 update....I have never, now seen things look quite as believably real, below the wing!  I am quite satisfied.  I realize now, that yes...we need a land-class update for both P3D and FSX in North and South America, like there is no tomorrow....or Vector 1.20 can't really lay out its 'horsepower' in those regions, until we do....

Rich, I sure wish that ORBX would pump out OpenLC N.A. SOONER than later!

Hi Mitch yes US lanclass is much needed - what landclass are you currently using - I was using scenery - but now using FSgenesis for US - goes nice with all my FS genesis mesh

Rich Sennett

Hi Mitch yes US lanclass is much needed - what landclass are you currently using - I was using scenery - but now using FSgenesis for US - goes nice with all my FS genesis mesh

Presently, no land-class update for North America.  Nada...but as I have your attention, Rich...I'm paused near Budapest, Hungary at 8,000 feet AGL.  Wow..you never know what you are missing  (road systems...) until you SEE what you WERE missing....lol. From v1.15 to v1.20....what a difference!