Sign in to follow this  
flyaDC10

Virus in fs2crew777.exe? (SONAR.Heuristic.120)

The program installed, but when I tried to run the Config Manager, Norton anti-virus stopped it and quarantined fs2crew.exe saying it had the SONAR.Heuristic.120 virus.  What gives? :huh:

It's a false positive. There is no virus in the application.

Did you get the same indication?  Is pretty much everyone getting this message?  When you read about this "virus" on the Norton site, it sounds really annoying and of course I don't want it.

Did you get the same indication?  Is pretty much everyone getting this message?  When you read about this "virus" on the Norton site, it sounds really annoying and of course I don't want it.

No I didn't. I run NOD32, no issues reported.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I run Avast and I will agree with John, no virus in this .exe. Norton has been notorious for I don't know how long since I ditched it from my customers' machines for false positives.

I experienced the same rejection and alert from Norton Internet Security. I simply configured Norton to exclude this program from its future scans and auto protect. I've also done this with most of my FSX files from vendors with whom I've had a lot of experience with and FS2Crew is certainly one of those.

No worries

fred

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD

I experienced the same rejection and alert from Norton Internet Security. I simply configured Norton to exclude this program from its future scans and auto protect. I've also done this with most of my FSX files from vendors with whom I've had a lot of experience with and FS2Crew is certainly one of those.

No worries

fred

Copy. Thanks.