Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Why didn't you guys kick me? :)

Interesting. I  will definitely do more research. I have NGX in box version but just bought T7 a couple of weeks ago and she's my main ride right now. I would certainly have to wait for it to be made compatible. 

Vic green

Hi Kuragiman

I will keep FSX for the moment as I have shelled out far more than I'd care to admit as the pain would keel me over! The 'dinosaur' has worked successfully for me, but we were not to know the advances hardware would make compared to what was available when FSX hit our screens. Then it had that 'wow' factor. Now, it's like using an HP 1MP digital camera that cost $15000 when it first gave birth!

I have read the advices you supplement here about add-ons, etc in another thread, which was most helpful.

Downloaded and installed the full installer v2.4.

Flew a quick sortie in the default Baron 58 and was utterly amazed my VAS was not shooting right away into the 2Gb sectors. Am impressed. Rock steady 20FPS all the way too.

Thanks to your encouragements overnight, took the plunge. I have a feeling that I will not regret it.

I was a long time hold out like you Rick.  I had the same reservations and was "comfortable" with FSX.

Let's just say, FSX isn't on my system anymore!!  I have kicked her to the curb and converted to the the P3D religion!!  lol.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I did that tears ago and got a LOT of flack from FSX die hards. I've been touting P3D for years, glad the rest of the world is catching up! :Big Grin:

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Someone kick me too please. Every Friday, I get off work, go home, give the baby a bath, pass her off to mommy for feeding, sit down to a quiet house by 7:30pm, and contemplate wiping FSX and taking the plunge. 95% of my thousands invested in addons will transfer, except I will need new licenses for the A2A 172 and Cherokee.

Why am I putting this off? I guess I just want to fly instead, even though I know it will be worth the effort.

KICK ME!

Run them both - I run XP10 as well!!

No issues running P3D and FSX on the PC.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm another holdout, but not because I need a kick.  Just wanted to point out that there are still valid reasons for staying on FSX for the time being for many users.  In my case, its not that I'm a Luddite, afraid of change, it's that I'm still missing too many pieces that matter too much to me.

I fly GA, and am heavily invested in planes and equipment which are one way or another not fully working or don't have proper integration with other tools when in P3D.  Yes, I know some of what I fly can be "made to work', but that's not what I'm looking for, as I don't enjoy tweaking.  I want to spend my limited time flying, not fiddling, so I need/want "supported and working well".  When I mention "equipment", I'm specifically thinking of my RXP530 and 430 which will never work in P3D.  Yes, I know the new Flight1 Garmins will eventually be a good replacement as they gain additional support (and a few more features), but they're not there yet and can only be VC integrated on 2 of my planes (and that, only with some incremental cost).  And Orbx is still working on getting airports moved over that I don't want to fly without.

It's getting closer, but at the moment I still can't recreate enough of my FSX environment in P3D without giving up more than I feel I'd gain.  I'm sure I'll eventually get there, but it's still not quite worth the time and effort for my needs.

My apologies if anyone feels this is an inappropriate post for this forum, but note that I'm not bashing and am posting only in response to the idea that there's no reason NOT to switch.  Unfortunately, there still are a few for some users.

Scott

Just out of curiosity, is the default P-38 Lightning provided by Just Flight for the P3D that really awful internally? Nothing is clickable inside that VC. A bit disappointed. In fact worse than the default Trike in FSX.

Still, early days as yet and I need to re-install my FSX add-ons. Let's see then.

I also would love to try 2.4, but without my F1 Mustang and GNS 430/530 there's no way I can make a full leap. I'm also waiting for the Realair updates. That could cajole me to make the move.

Plus having to violate EUAs, it's just not how I role.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Please no EULA discussion.

Cheers, Rob.

EULA !!! 

She's a lovely lady that stands at the end my road   :P :rolleyes: