Sign in to follow this  
simflyer11

Flaps and gear not moving

Hi

I called for Flaps 20, the text dialog displayed the correct voice recognition "flaps 20" but the flaps handle did not move.

"gear down" also did not move the gear handle.

Other voice commands for speed and heading work fine.

I am using a joystick, and free version of FSUIPC, no flaps axis set in FSUIPC.

I called for Flaps 20, the text dialog displayed the correct voice recognition "flaps 20" but the flaps handle did not move.

"gear down" also did not move the gear handle.

Other voice commands for speed and heading work fine.

I am using a joystick, and free version of FSUIPC, no flaps axis set in FSUIPC.

Something is "overriding" the signal the PMDG SDK sends to set the gear/flaps.

Usually it's external hardware that also controls flaps/gear.

Current list of voice commands are here:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=voice_commands___voice_checklists2

Hi Bryan,

I have disabled FSUIPC via the dll.xml in the appdata\FSX folder where the fsx.cfg lies.

Still no response from flaps lever, but the PNF responds with "flaps twenty" (green text box) after I call for "flaps twenty".  Gear up/down also does not work.

Hi Bryan,

I have disabled FSUIPC via the dll.xml in the appdata\FSX folder where the fsx.cfg lies.

Still no response from flaps lever, but the PNF responds with "flaps twenty" (green text box) after I call for "flaps twenty".  Gear up/down also does not work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try deleting your FSX.CFG (make a backup first).

Does  the flaps and gear  move when you don't run fs2crew,  and have you tried uninstalling  fs2crew  than try   the gear and flaps  if  they work  than re install fscrew2 using  admin rights  etc  and than see if it fixes  the issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi,

It was a case of RTFM.   For anyone reading this, you need to issue the voice command "TAKEOFF" even if the main panel shows the active mode as "Takeoff" , to get the phase of flight sequencing in order for FS2Crew to allow the PNF to set the flaps for you (voice commands will not set flaps before takeoff)

thx for coming back  and reporting  glad you got it sorted, yea its always good to read  the manual  a few times :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It was a case of RTFM.   For anyone reading this, you need to issue the voice command "TAKEOFF" even if the main panel shows the active mode as "Takeoff" , to get the phase of flight sequencing in order for FS2Crew to allow the PNF to set the flaps for you (voice commands will not set flaps before takeoff)

Glad you got it sorted... you really had me scratching my head there.

Cheers,