Sign in to follow this  
Heronjr

Wet ground by rain

I think I've lost the wet ground effect when raining after installing the Fixer. Is there a switch I missed?

Thanks,

Heron

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I think I've lost the wet ground effect when raining after installing the Fixer. Is there a switch I missed?

Thanks,

Heron

Just thinking the same, do you use ASN, The reason I ask is that it did'nt show wet runways last night but when I checked with my other weather add ons including the default weather all was fine.

I put it down to not enough rain to show, but not to sure now.

Bob

What is your water settings in FSX?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Bob,

Yes, I use ASN. If this is an impediment, sure I can live without the wet tarmacs. The benefits I saw after the Fixer are quite rewarding and pay the software.

Jude,

My FSX water settings were Low 1x yesterday just after installing the Fixer. This is to save memory in order to prevent OOMs when flying the PMDG T7. But when I tested the Fixer in a night flight over Seattle (guess, it was raining!!!) I noted the dry ground. I changed the water settings to Mid 2x, but the ground remained dry.

What water settings should I use in FSX to see wet grounds in rain? In DX9 I never used Max setting and the airport grounds were always wet in rainy days.

Regards,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

I think Mid 2x or higher brings the water effect back. Not beside the PC right now,so I can't test this.

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I will retest tonight with greater settings, although there is the above ASN advice from Bob as well as somewhere in this Forum. I've already read parts of the Manual concerning water configuration and still have questions about cross settings between FSX and the Fixer, but only time will tell... I hope.

The Fixer is one of my efforts to fly the PMDG T7 without OOMs still having some reality flavor outside the cockpit windows.

Regards,

Heron Domingues, Jr

The fixer has no effect on the wetness that you see when it rains. That is determined by a texture and the airport definition. Best to try a default airport outside any Orbx area you may own. if you still don't see it investigate texture Addons. Compare with dx9 and dx10 with libraries uninstalled so no fixer input.

Thanks, Steve. Wilco and be back tomorrow night with feedback.

Regards,

Heron

Heron Domingues, Jr

Yes, I use ASN

What ver are you running, I'm using sp1B build 5410.

just done another test and I'm getting wet runways with fsrealwx and open cloud weather engines, but not asn so it's an asn issue.

test done at two airports in pnw.

I will try a airport outside ORBX area and get back.

bob

edit. looked for alternative airport, couldn't find one with rain so went back to Bowerman and (chuck a bucket of cold water over me) its now working. how odd.

b.

Any update from Heron?

hi steve

After reporting mine was ok , it dissapeared again, so was waiting for Heron to get back.

All I could find on the web was it could be a dll problem in ASN. I have uninstalled ASN,

Fsrealwx and opencloud were ok showing wetness on the runways.

I will have another go and reinstall ASN.

Bob

Sorry,

I did not test yet. This Saturday will be perfect to test it in Memphis default. There's no addon near for at least 200nm. Promisse be back soon.

Regards and thanks for all

Heron Domingues, Jr

I just tested EINN (Eiresim) (plenty of rain in Ireland!) and with and without ASN the wet runways are there.

In EIDW (Aerosoft) the runways are dry with the same weather.

So it does appear to depend on the addon vendor.

Jude Bradley

I to have to say it's working at the moment, well that's outside the orbx regions, so waiting for some damp weather to test inside the orbx scenery, however that's working if I choose an airport where it's raining at the minute. ie load a new flight at start up after loading ASN

It won't work if you use the 'go to airport', ie changing airports whilst  fsx is running, it appears not load up the wet textures.

bob.

Finaly tested with FSX Water at Mid 1x, went to KMEM default and turned on FSX Weather Rain option and soon the rain started slowly pouring on the tarmac, in a beatiful effect, until it was full reflexive wet. Then, went to my newly installed Orbx-FTX KPSP Palm Springs Intl. No rain effect on the ground, confirming the theory above mentioned about Orbx airports.

Otherwise, I could also contradict the Onebob's thesis about the 'go to airport', moving from KPSP to KPAE, arriving there with a wet ground, proof that the FSX Weather settings were moved along with the airports. So, the Orbx Region theory does not work here because Paine Field in within the Pacific NW Region, and mine is up and running, with wet tarmacs at default fields.

There is no problem in loosing this effect in some addon places, because we are rewarded by other candy-eye features. The most important to me was that, definetely, i did not loose my wet grounds under rain at default airports, and I keep using lots of them

Regards,

Heron

Heron Domingues, Jr