Sign in to follow this  
ic2779

P3D 2.4 and Sweetfx

Hello Everybody

I´ve been using P3D with Sweetfx from the start through all versions with great performance, I find it pretty much essential, at least to tone down the saturation and sharpen a little bit.

Now all of a sudden I get a strange behaviour, Sweetfx works after a fresh install, but as soon as I change the display setting in P3d the effect is gone, after that it still works on start of P3D but quits after i click the Menue or go to full screen, no error or whatsoever just no effect.

I´m using the current 344.48 Nvidia driver on a Win7 64bit system, I rolled back the driver to a previous version but that didn´t do the trick either.

The funny thing is it appeared like overnight and is not related with 2.4 as it worked with that version.

Maybe someone has experienced the same.

Wolfgang

Windows Update #KB2670838 has been reported to be responsible.

This is not a security-related update, so you are safe uninstalling it ; you can reinstall later if needed.

Normally, when uninstalled, SFX behaves like before.

You're welcome

Don't forget to disable auto-updates or it should be reinstalled automatically.

And, don't forget to reboot after uninstalling it.

And don't forget that since you've disabled auto-updates your system is going to be vulnerable because all of the security updates don't get installed. It'll be on you to physically check for them all the time.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hello Everybody

I´ve been using P3D with Sweetfx from the start through all versions with great performance, I find it pretty much essential, at least to tone down the saturation and sharpen a little bit.

Now all of a sudden I get a strange behaviour, Sweetfx works after a fresh install, but as soon as I change the display setting in P3d the effect is gone, after that it still works on start of P3D but quits after i click the Menue or go to full screen, no error or whatsoever just no effect.

I´m using the current 344.48 Nvidia driver on a Win7 64bit system, I rolled back the driver to a previous version but that didn´t do the trick either.

The funny thing is it appeared like overnight and is not related with 2.4 as it worked with that version.

Maybe someone has experienced the same.

Wolfgang

in using sweetFX, Did you find any performance discrepency or hitting when you using the menu tap ?

And don't forget that since you've disabled auto-updates your system is going to be vulnerable because all of the security updates don't get installed. It'll be on you to physically check for them all the time.

Fair point.

I think that instead of disabling auto updates, you can choose to hide this specific update so it won't be auto installed.

in using sweetFX, Did you find any performance discrepency or hitting when you using the menu tap ?

No Performance hit, the menue gets a bit jerky, but I can live with that.

Wolfgang

No Performance hit, the menue gets a bit jerky, but I can live with that.

Wolfgang

There is a harmful effect believe me, In some time you will found that one of the dx files included with sweetFX causing excessively hiting in the P3D, yesterday I've found that and delete it.