Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Cessna 172SP

Hi,

I need some help / suggestions. I am using the modified C172SP and also have the Wide panel version too. Now both are SP but they both sound different and I have no idea how the real SP would sound. So I copied all sound files from the Wide Panel in to the modified one but still it plays the modified SP sound even though I have deleted those sound files before copying.

Thnx,

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

This is the A2A C172 and sounds different from the XPX 172SP , hey I hope both of them are the same model / blocks.  I really like the sound of the A2A C172 and the Wide Panel 172.

I hope someone can help me get the sound.

Thnx.

This is the A2A C172 and sounds different from the XPX 172SP , hey I hope both of them are the same model / blocks.  I really like the sound of the A2A C172 and the Wide Panel 172.

I hope someone can help me get the sound.

Thnx.

It is the .acf file but now editing is yikes. Hmm I think i will stick to the default sound i guess.

Ah I found real cessna sound pack at the .org. Now it sounds I think correct at least to me. 

Yes she is sounding nice. As I have two Joysticks one for the rudder and one for the elev / ailerons i have set one of the Z axis to mixture control. 

How I miss my Sound Blaster 4.1 because of the gameport as I have made potentiometer based throttle. I will look up in the market for a USB gameport or a PCI. 

She flies now.

And now for a POH search and a correct one.

Hmm there is a loop in the full throttle sound. I think i will do some research on how to get the Wide Panel sound into this one.

Ah I think i managed the engine. sounds like a prop and nice

Sorry, can't help you in this one :-(

But this C172 feels very good to me, and, BTW - the Twotter WHOW!!!!!! Very very good!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Sorry, can't help you in this one :-(

But this C172 feels very good to me, and, BTW - the Twotter WHOW!!!!!! Very very good!

Hey, I already managed the sound. I needed it  as the YouTube link above for the A2A sounded different and the other SP for XPX sounded different.

So I just replaced two sound files from the WidePanel and she sounds just like a prop.

So the 172Sp is good to go then ?

Ah you like her the Twin Otter , yeah she is nice. I think the first one had a lot of sensitivity on the stick but the second one is much better but again why the jet sound. or wait was it because of the latest XPX update that the aircraft flies much better.

I don't really know, because I have not been using X-Plane 10 for quite a while, but I am really surprised with the test flight I did with this twotter.

So surprised that I oppened it in Plane Maker to try and see what was being done inside... And... really nothing special ????? So.... I really can't say if anything changed in the core of the FDM, but it certainly feels different from the feel of prop aircraft, specially twins when their props turn both the same way ( CW in this case ).

I'll have to test with the other models...

The jet sounds are probably due to the fact that the PT-6 has actually a jet turbine at it's core:-)  The turboprop uses a turbine, to drive the prop shaft, in this case a free-running turbine. The only noticeable bug is typical of most flight sims - FF should not vary with Prop RPM variations at constant altitude and throttle / condition...

I really liked it, a LOT. 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

@jcomm

I thought that the turboprop is just a prop engine with some modification. but thanks for the knowledge.

She is a sweet girl I would fly her anywhere.

@jcomm

That 172 flies very nicely. Very stable. 

Yes, both feel very good to me too :-) Thanks a lot for the links!

The turboprop, free-running like in the case of the twotter, or not, is a combination of a turbine, whose compressor runs ( in the free-running models ) independent of the shaft to which the prop gear is attached.

The turbine flow moves the stages attached to the prop gear shaft and that's what moves the prop :-)

Since both are independent ( sort of... ) when you make prop RPM adjustments while at constant altitude and throttle / condition lever settings, there should be no noticeable variation in Fuel Flow ( FF ), but most sims simplify this ( MSFS, X-Plane, etc... ), just a detail

Main Simulation Rig:

Ah ok.

Now if that 3d pit can be put in to the wide panel. so i can both the 172's . more research needed lets see if I can put the 3d pit

@jcomm

When you fly next in XPX and have the WidePanel 172 let me know if the panel shows up. For me it just disappeared maybe after the R2 update.

Ah disregard the 2d panel issue it was on 3D in rendering , but don't know how it went to that.

Anyone tried using the cockpit on another computer and the scenery on another one ? I tried but I got scenery and cockpit on both but control only on one.