Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

DD Sale at simMarket

Nothing special about that?

Apart from the fact their latest scenery,  UUEE,  is also reduced.  :mad: 

Come in sucker ...

Thanks for the heads up. Into the library she goes

ZORAN

I'll have to get UUEE too ... I am not sure I want to be reminded of the amount of airports I have bought in the last month ... sheesh. But here goes.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The FS2004 (FS9) Forum" to "The Bargain Hunter's Shack". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I was going to pickup LaGuardia but I decided against it after spending the last couple of days trying to tweak the performance of NYCX in P3D V2.4.

I actually learned a lot from the experience but No matter what I did I could not get the lowest FPS above 12 or 13 flying over Manhattan in the Majestic Q400.

I can say I learned a lot because I tried the lowest texture resolutions in P3D with DSR and It was surprisingly good.

I am talking 512 x 512. It is effective and looks good in those extreme auto gen situation.

I understand DD are doing a rework of NYCX for P3DV2. It is the most compelling scenery I have ever seen in FS but I think that DD have something to prove.

I made one video using NYCX that worked almost perfectly in FSX but I have never seen it work as well since :-(

A year from now if they get it right I think this could be the best P3D V2.4 scenery package available but they definitely need to work on performance optimization because right now it just is not there.

I was going to pickup LaGuardia but I decided against it after spending the last couple of days trying to tweak the performance of NYCX in P3D V2.4.

I actually learned a lot from the experience but No matter what I did I could not get the lowest FPS above 12 or 13 flying over Manhattan in the Majestic Q400.

I can say I learned a lot because I tried the lowest texture resolutions in P3D with DSR and It was surprisingly good.

I am talking 512 x 512. It is effective and looks good in those extreme auto gen situation.

I understand DD are doing a rework of NYCX for P3DV2. It is the most compelling scenery I have ever seen in FS but I think that DD have something to prove.

I made one video using NYCX that worked almost perfectly in FSX but I have never seen it work as well since :-(

A year from now if they get it right I think this could be the best P3D V2.4 scenery package available but they definitely need to work on performance optimization because right now it just is not there.

really amazing.....so real and it looked very smooth as well.

When you say that it only worked so good once....what do you mean?

Stutters?

OOMs?

Blurries?

Rob Robson

I bought the DD KJFK. I was tired of the damp (as in wet) looks of FSDT KJFK2. I been to JKF in real a couple times, I don't remember it being so damp.

I don't see much change in performance. The textures are low at some places, but overall much brighter than FSDT.

really amazing.....so real and it looked very smooth as well.

When you say that it only worked so good once....what do you mean?

Stutters?

OOMs?

Blurries?

Yea, I made that video almost a year to the day ago and I cannot remember exactly the details. I had some trouble with the scenery in the first place with blurries but managed to iron those out. Can't remember how.

I did get a lot of Textures disappearing and reappearing and you can see a bit of that in the video. If I remember correctly that's the reason I was so happy with that particular attempt to make a video of the scenery because the textures where very stable throughout. I got a lot of textures disappearing and then reloading by sweeping across the city from one side of Manhattan to the other. Actually, If I remember correctly v1.1 worked better than v1.2 on my system. I changed to P3D V2 shortly after and it really doesn't work well in P3D V2 at all but then DD doesn't claim its compatible.

Yea, I made that video almost a year to the day ago and I cannot remember exactly the details. I had some trouble with the scenery in the first place with blurries but managed to iron those out. Can't remember how.

I did get a lot of Textures disappearing and reappearing and you can see a bit of that in the video. If I remember correctly that's the reason I was so happy with that particular attempt to make a video of the scenery because the textures where very stable throughout. I got a lot of textures disappearing and then reloading by sweeping across the city from one side of Manhattan to the other. Actually, If I remember correctly v1.1 worked better than v1.2 on my system. I changed to P3D V2 shortly after and it really doesn't work well in P3D V2 at all but then DD doesn't claim its compatible.

silly idea maybe, but maybe the fact that you videoed it made it more stable?

I think a scenery like that is just too much for FSX when combined with PMDG type aircraft.

Which is why I never bought it.

I do have NY airports X and that worked ok last time I tried.

Rob Robson

Just a quick H-U: simMarket now also has Moscow UUDD (this one's by MDesign) on sale. A good performer and no popping up of apron 'clutter'.   :rolleyes:

(In case DD's UUEE got you started with the Moscow airspace.)

Thanks for that H/u, Oliver, as I was not keen on going down DD's route.

silly idea maybe, but maybe the fact that you videoed it made it more stable?

Nope that's not it. In fact I always find the flight experience is noticeably better than the video!

And my technique for selecting flights segments to make videos of kinda rules that out.

Again its a year since I recorded that clip but I am sure that the performance of DD NYCX is far better at that altitude than lower down at were you might be taking say a bell jet ranger tour of Manhattan. I believe it might even say so in the manual.

The scenery is incredibly detailed. DD used a great combination of what I believe was photo real and a kind of arty Gotham city style textures and it works very well. My guess is that the Gotham city style textures are not resource hungry and that's what makes the thousands of autogen building possible in such a small area.

It works at altitude and visually it works close up because of the artistry.

FS development must be though and if DD can address the performance issues they are on to a winner and with NYCX they certainly did something that is unique and clearly still a work in progress. I think they deserve the support of the FS Community so I will buy something DD soon at full price:-)

Check this one out. The NYCX scenery is unique: