Sign in to follow this  
turnjac

Landing Gear Won't Retract on Client

Hello,

The landing gear won't retract on my client, but it works perfectly with WideView - some pointers would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Steve

PMDG 777-200LR

PFC C2 Cirrus Pro

FSX (Gold Edition)

Win 7 64-bit

Open the clients Spy window associated with the status updates link. Then operate the gear, lights, flaps etc on the server. You should see the status update message received. Also try selecting a standard FSX aircraft on the client and server and check all is ok using the standard aircraft. Many people are using Live View with the status updating no problem so you should check your system to make determine why the updates are not either sent or processed at the other end.

Make sure there are no errors on the client and perform the LV Tests as per the manual to make sure the link is ok.

I assume you have no other link between the server and client. No WideView link active for instance.

Stephen

Stephen,

Thanks for the suggestions.

The gear retraction & extension works perfectly with the FSX standard 747 B400, so the issue is with the PMDG 777.

The TX & RX data links all seem to be working on the server & clients & the Live Test is also working. It seems that the gear retraction/extension commands are not being processed by the clients, however, I can toggle the gear up & down on the client key board.

Any further suggestions, should I try PMDG support ?

Steve

I assume you are using the 777 on the client as well. So it looks like the 777 does not respond to the 'in sim' gear lever position and is still trying to control everything itself. Nothing I can do about that I'm afraid. All the software can do is relay the status across and write the new status into the client sim. If you wait until I return from holiday in 10 days time I will try the 737NGX, or you could try it for me. I can't look into any software related issue or try anything at the moment.

Stephen :-)

Yes, I'm using the 777 on the clients (2 clients, one on Win7 & other on Win8).

I don't have the 737NGX so yes, let me know after you've tried it.

I've googled this problem & It's curious that this hasn't come up with other people before, so maybe it's something unique to my set up ? 

Steve                                                                                                                                                         

Most use the clients for 'out of the window' 2D scenic views so select one of the default sim aircraft or even create a dummy aircraft. You usually don't want the client doing anything at all, just updating its display. Other aircraft may also obey the data within the sim whereas the 777 functions completely or mostly separately from it.

Stephen,

I discovered a related issue in WideView, which may give a clue as to what's going on; in WideView, there is a setting under configuration 'Lock to Frame Sync' which must be selected on the client for the client gear to follow the server; I had one client working & the other not & this was the reason.

Is there something equivalent for Opus?

In Opus Live View the gear and other status is always synchronised whenever you enable the Live View option. If it wasn't then nothing would be reflected across, flaps, controls, lights, etc.. As mentioned above you can see the status messages sent using the relevant Spy window for the status link on the client, also you can test with a different aircraft to see that the gear status is updated in the sim. I am on holiday now so am unable to confirm what status gets updated, it sounds nothing more than the 777 not checking this status within the sim so I may have to issue some other control or adjust some other data relating to gear status. I cannot say at the moment.