Sign in to follow this  
karmelk

Descent Forecast Uplink

Hello flightsimmers I urgently need your assistance for my following question.

After having received the FMC message regarding Descent Forecast I initiate the request. The request is then sent but after a few moment I receive the following reply .... Invalid Forecast Uplink ........

I am have ActiveSky Next installen and fully working.

Where did I go wrong and what to do to correct this problem and have the FMC working correctly?

I hope to hear from you soon and thank you in advance.

Regards

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am not sure if this helps..But is it the recent flight plan?I mean fresh one with the current wind data. I did get this issue when i loaded the saved flight plan ,which was a couple of days old, and then it complained of this issue during the wind data uplink..

Where did I go wrong and what to do to correct this problem and have the FMC working correctly?

Have a look at the intro manual for the settings for the new updates (it's toward the end). There's an option to have the 777 create a plan for ASN to read, but you need to set some specific options in the PMDG SETUP menu (which I can't recall off the top of my head at work, but the gist of it is "CREATE PLAN" and a few other options related to it like "AUTO LOAD FSX PLAN" or something like that).

My guess is that whatever you're doing isn't allowing whatever weather program you're using know quite where you're headed, so it can't generate the wind file that far ahead of you.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello flightsimmers I urgently need your assistance for my following question.

After having received the FMC message regarding Descent Forecast I initiate the request. The request is then sent but after a few moment I receive the following reply .... Invalid Forecast Uplink ........

I am have ActiveSky Next installen and fully working.

I hope to hear from you soon and thank you in advance.

Regards

Dirk

The main thing is you must have the flight plan loaded in ASN for this feature to work with it. It doesn't matter how recent the plan is, as long as it is the one you are flying. The weather will update automatically. You set this up to load automatically by selecting FSX PLN FILE FOR WX to CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX in the 777 CDU options and "Auto load simulator flight plan" option in ASN Settings > General Options. Then you don't have to worry about it.

See page 165-166 of the Introduction Manual for a full description.

edit: Kyle beat me to it. Obviously not busy enough at work. :lol:

ki9cAAb.jpg

See page 165-166 of the Introduction Manual for a full description.

edit: Kyle beat me to it.

haha - except your post actually has the helpful reference to the spot in the manuals. Thanks for including that.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you all, I'll start working on the advised settings.

Regards

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg