Sign in to follow this  
Carob

FSX Acceleration, Deluxe, SP2...

So you are saying my FSX/A install is only patched to Service Pack 1?

No. Acceleration is not patched. FSX/Acceleration has everything that is in the freeware update to FSX called SP2 but has more aircraft/scenery/missions. Back in those days, you had the option of buying the payware Acceleration which contained the updates to FSX or just wait until SP2 was released a couple months later.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok....I have FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 but I want to add Acceleration for carrier ops. Can I install it with FSX and both updates or do I needto uninstall and reinstall?

Ok....I have FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 but I want to add Acceleration for carrier ops. Can I install it with FSX and both updates or do I needt to uninstall FSX entirely and reinstall?

Ok....I have FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 but I want to add Acceleration for carrier ops. Can I install it with FSX and both updates or do I needto uninstall and reinstall?

You will only have to uninstall SP2 before you install Acceleration.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

You will only have to uninstall SP2 before you install Acceleration.

Thanks! Great answer!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm confused now.  I have Deluxe and have installed SP1 & SP2.  I have a bunch of MegaScenery, some airports and some Carenado planes.  It all works great now.(after much effort).  I now want to get an F-14 payware but the carrier ops and some other features require Acceleration.  Do I need to reinstall everything, or uninstall SP2 or just install Acceleration?

I also bought FSX Steam Edition on sale but I'm afraid to try to install it now.  I believe it has Acceleration already.

Thanks,

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Let's not forget FSX:Steam Edition.  It has everything rolled into one nice easy to install package. :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I'm confused now.  I have Deluxe and have installed SP1 & SP2.  I have a bunch of MegaScenery, some airports and some Carenado planes.  It all works great now.(after much effort).  I now want to get an F-14 payware but the carrier ops and some other features require Acceleration.  Do I need to reinstall everything, or uninstall SP2 or just install Acceleration?

I also bought FSX Steam Edition on sale but I'm afraid to try to install it now.  I believe it has Acceleration already.

Thanks,

Bruce

Uninstall SP2 and install Acceleration.

Bert

I believe there is now a Carrier that works with Deluxe (in my opinion Deluxe SP1/SP2 has the least issues).  The Carrier should be in the AVSIM Library.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks all. 

Dave - I couldn't find the carrier in the library.  I saw a 3wire for FS2004 is that it?

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Dave - I couldn't find the carrier in the library. I saw a 3wire for FS2004 is that it?

No, that's not it.  I'll try to find it and post here.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Below is a link to at .least one carroer compatible with just SP2 (Deluxe).  I believe there are several more... just Google it and you'll find them.

CLICK HERE FOR LINK

I hope this proves helpful to you!

Dave Hodges

Thanks Dave!  I'm originally an USN F-14A pilot so I'm looking forward to this.  Thanks for your help.

You're most welcome!

Nice that you were an F-14 driver!

I did a tour in an NFO Billet, P-3Cs (darn it).  I did everything I could to get a ride in a F-14 before they went, even the Dilbert Dunker in Pensacola while on leave!  In the end, luck wasn’t with me.

That being said, I studied Carrier Ops and can fly them all with a good degree of accuracy / realism.  We'll have to go up together sometime!

Dave Hodges

Love to. Thanks.