Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Virtavia Grumman Albatross in P3D?

Anyone tried the Virtavia Grumman HU-16B Albatross in P3D2 and can tell me if it'll work?

Cheers!

Maarten

Anyone tried the Virtavia Grumman HU-16B Albatross in P3D2 and can tell me if it'll work?

Your post made me look the plane up(been looking for a flying boat) and I found it on sale at PCaviator for $12 (http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/product.php?productid=18577&cat=0&page=1) so I decided to pick it up and......She works and looks great has a nice VC too

Taking off from Orbx PAJN! In p3dv2.4

2014_10_30_13_6_34_94.jpg

2014_10_30_13_6_51_141.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Very nice. That's a price for which you can take a chance.

Thanks for the tip, David, I'm going to get it right away. :D

Cheers!

Maarten

I have installed the Grumman Goose, freeware file OZx_Goose_HD_v1.20upd.zip that I had in my FSX and it works very well. I did have to disable the fuel pump sound wav file  in the Sound file and change the rudder_effectiveness=1.0 to a 2.0 in the .cfg file, but nothing else. I had this plane in my FSX system since 2009 and just installed it in my P3D. I did a search for it on AVSIM, but there was no return, so I am not sure where I got it.

I've also had the OZx Goose, back in FSX and P3Dv1, but since I've build my cockpit, I've got one monitor for the main panel view and to get the view behind the yoke, it has to be zoomed out to max, with the view right on top of the graphics and then the gauges get very pixilated. I'm still hoping for a graphic update for P3Dv2, but now we're all pretty spoiled by looking at all those beautiful cockpit and panel graphics from the more curent aircraft, the OZx Goose, as it is right now, cant capture me like it did in the past. Shame, becuase it's a wonderful aircraft and I've been looking for a replacement for quite a while.

Cheers!

Maarten