Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

10.31r2 out now and PC pilot Official guide

As the title suggests, PC Pilot just relased a 100 page guide to x-plane 10 with interviews etc...

And 10.31r2 is out....

Already updated and I think my 2d panels are not displaying. hmm or maybe i did something wrong. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Isn't the guide just a compilation of existing X-Plane 10 articles from the last few issues?

If you already have those issues of PC Pilot or know XP well already you don't really need it.

Here's the change log:

Fixed in 10.31r2:

• Fixed quit mid-flight when DNS network lookup times out.
  • Fixed rendering of prop angle for counter-clockwise props.
  • Cylindrical projection does not show black screen when the option is picked for the first time.
  • Use the correct localizer and glideslope reference so that the glideslope in the local map displays precision approaches correctly.
  • Preserve existing contents of logbook when opened with the “Choose Pilot Logbook” function.
  • Added support for the newest USB keys.

Mine went up, you have to use the 'ol trick' from 10.25....

So load xplane

then click in the rendering settings, don't change anything and click back out, your FPS should increase 40% and hold very steady. 

Mine went up, you have to use the 'ol trick' from 10.25....

So load xplane

then click in the rendering settings, don't change anything and click back out, your FPS should increase 40% and hold very steady. 

Hmmm

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

click in the rendering settings, don't change anything and click back out

No change on my rig, but FRs are highly dependent on the aircraft you are flying.

John

John Wingold

No change on my rig, but FRs are highly dependent on the aircraft you are flying.

John

Yup.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Isn't the guide just a compilation of existing X-Plane 10 articles from the last few issues?

If you already have those issues of PC Pilot or know XP well already you don't really need it.

I bought it and read it cover to cover.

Some of the articles from past editions of PC  Pilot Magazine have just been reproduced, but there is also quite a bit of new stuff including V10.3 references .

It's a useful collation of diverse X-plane stuff aimed at the newbie x-plane user.

I am not sure it should have been billed as "The Official Guide" though, since Laminar Research did not produce or author it.

Greetings

Dave Britzius

(Cockpit Designer and Flight Simulator Hardware Supplier)

Cape Town

http://davebritzius.com