Sign in to follow this  
Caphook

V1.1.3 jumping screens

I have been using this beauty for years without problems and now the following happens.

Hardware connected: Saitek Yoke, Saitek Quadrant and VRinsight TT panel.

Linda Settings page indicates that all are recognized and ok.

When I open Linda in joystick mode, the screen shows the Quadrant page.

When I move to the TT panel page to assign a button, the screens jumps back to the Quadrant page before I could do anything.

The same happens when I try to make an assignment on the Yoke page. The screen jumps back to the Quadrant page almost immediately.

I have deleted and re-installed Linda, same with Yoke, Quadrant and TT panel. Makes no difference.

Your help is highly appreciated, thanks!

You have a dirty potentiometer in your throttle quadrant, the reverse button range on the Saitek quads is actually done in firmware when the axis gets to a certain range of axis movement, there is no physical button, the firmware creates a virtual button press as you move the stick into the range below the detent. If the pot gets worn and dirty then the axis output will start to jitter and it is this movement that makes it look like you have moved the stick to the reverse range. If you look on YouTube you will see some simple video tutorials showing you how to take them apart and clean the pots, it is fairly simple, just a little time consuming.

Cheers, Andy.

As I tried to explain previously the software inside the throttle quadrant converts the axis movement into a virtual button press when you move the lever to the red area below the detent. When the pot inside the lever gets old and dirty it becomes noisy and the axis jumps up and down on its own without the user touching the lever. This jumping sometimes is so great that it looks like it is moving into the red reverse zone, thus activating the virtual reverse button and it is this that causes Linda to jump to the quadrant page. Is that clearer now?

Cheers, Andy.