Sign in to follow this  
ridgeskimmer

Thinking of Changing from FSX to P3D

Hello, I'm thinking of changing to P3D from FSX. I have a nicely running FSX with a number of well working addons. My question is can you tell me if the following addons work ok with P3D? I know the answer to some but thought I would add my entire list. Thank you and for any comments, thought etc.

Cumulus X

Winch X

Simlogger

Aerotow

Plan G

Rex Essential + Overdrive

FS recorder

Face Trac NOIR

Track IR

Wolfgang Pipers Gliders

Have you checked with the developers?

P3D has several versions and some addon software is only compatible with a specific version of P3D.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Just remember, P3D is NOT FSX. Not everything will work when transfered. Just like it was we upgraded from FS9 to FSX.

You must think of P3D as a new sim, with some (not all) compatibility with FSX.

Go for the Academic version. Basically same functionallity as the Pro version that is supposed to be for training schools etc. Your decision, but you really will not pick up any differences.

Regards,

Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Plan-G, REX, and TrackIR all work just fine with P3D V2.4.

Don't have the others, so can't comment on them.

Regards,

Danny

WinchX and CumulusX both work fine with v2.4. I'm running them along side the new opus FSI for p3d for hill soaring and some of Wolfgangs gliders aswell as the fsx dg808, the SOAR 808 and the aerosoft Discus. Track ir works fine with them although I have now moved on to testing with occulus rift for gliding using some custom scenery for BFGC. How is aerotow by the way? I've never tried it.

Chris

Thanks Chris, Aerotow works fine and basically just allows to to change tow aircraft and its settings and also set up a tow pattern which I think you can do with Cumulus X anyway?

WinchX and CumulusX both work fine with v2.4

Hi, I'm struggling to get both of these working, did you have to do anything out of the ordinary to get them to work Chris? Thanks

I have every sim on the planet and fsx or fsx se is the best which I can't believe in 2015 since it came out in 2006.  STAY WITH FSX!

+10 for being so enthusiastic! Great that you rave about a 8 year old program with such vigour & also that you have purchased every single simulator on the planet! Redbird as well?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I don't know. I think I will fully switch to P3D as soon as the NGX comes out. 

Philipp Schwaegerl