Sign in to follow this  
rvakkeren

CTD PMDG 777

Hello guys,

I'm having this big issue with my PMDG 777. When I load up a flight, from the moment the wheels touch the ground I get a crash to desktop without any message.

The only thing I can hear before the CTD is a bit of the engines.

Can someone PLEASE help me, I'm out of options.

Kind regards,

Rik

Can someone PLEASE help me, I'm out of options.

My guess is that the sim is being asked to call a sound file or something that got deleted. Have you tried to install sound packs or modifications to the 777? What add-ons are you using?

Kyle Rodgers

My guess is that the sim is being asked to call a sound file or something that got deleted. Have you tried to install sound packs or modifications to the 777? What add-ons are you using?

I have no addons installed at the moment. I decided to completely reinstall W7 and FSX when I noticed my 777 didn't work (which it never did). I installed the 777 first to be sure this problem wouldn't be caused by any addons.

So it's just the 777 base pack.

So it's just the 777 base pack.

Did you install the 777 as an administrator?

Are you running FSX as an administrator?

When you load the sim, is one of the Microsoft aircraft set as the default aircraft?

Kyle Rodgers

Did you install the 777 as an administrator?

Are you running FSX as an administrator?

When you load the sim, is one of the Microsoft aircraft set as the default aircraft?

Yes I did & I do.

The standard Airtrike shows up when I start FSX.

Yes I did & I do.

The standard Airtrike shows up when I start FSX.

So that's out...hmm...

Can you post the error that shows in the logs?

(Open the Event Viewer to see the system logs)

Kyle Rodgers

Curious... never mentions his name. Is this a new problem (it's worked before but stopped working) or has the B777 never worked for him? Did the FSX message boxes requiring user to OK the dll modules occur or is the CTD immediately after clicking Go Fly?

Dan Downs KCRP

Curious... never mentions his name. Is this a new problem (it's worked before but stopped working) or has the B777 never worked for him? Did the FSX message boxes requiring user to OK the dll modules occur or is the CTD immediately after clicking Go Fly?

The T7 has never worked for me... It happens when FSX is loaded 100%. The airport appears, I see movement for 1 sec and then I get a CTD.

@scandinavian13

I did what you suggested. I checked the logbook and the last log created by Flight Simulator is one where it asks permission to use full screen. No error log whatsoever.

Btw I really appreciate you guys taking time to help me.

I did what you suggested. I checked the logbook and the last log created by Flight Simulator is one where it asks permission to use full screen. No error log whatsoever.

Look in the log for entries with a red or yellow icon next to them. You'll want to look for this as soon as it happens (Windows logs a whole bunch of stuff, as you can see by the logging of asking for full screen permission). When you see an actual error log, copy and paste the contents here, otherwise, this is going to be near impossible to track down.

Also, as Dan alluded to in his last post, you have to use real names here per forum rules.

Kyle Rodgers

Look in the log for entries with a red or yellow icon next to them. You'll want to look for this as soon as it happens (Windows logs a whole bunch of stuff, as you can see by the logging of asking for full screen permission). When you see an actual error log, copy and paste the contents here, otherwise, this is going to be near impossible to track down.

Also, as Dan alluded to in his last post, you have to use real names here per forum rules.

Í really searched everywhere for the red or yellow icons... I managed to find this in the PMDG 777 debug log:

Creating systems:
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 54 55 54 55 56 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 
..systems created.
Setting keyboard hook...
Setting key event handler...
Starting updates...

Update systems:
01 02 
Determining airframe:
...airframe not detected

Update systems:
01 02 
Determining airframe:
777-200LR

Update systems:
01 02  
Update systems:
01 02  
Update systems:
01 02  
Update systems:
01 02  
Update systems:
01 02  
Update systems:
01 02 
Initializing systems:
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 49 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 50 

My real name is Rik van Akkeren.

Hello Rik... the Event Viewer suggested by Kyle may not be visible if you have not enabled Administrative Tools in your START MENU.

After a successful install, you should see messages from FSX asking if it is okay to run and trust certain PMDG .dll files, if you have not seen those (they only appear once) then maybe you have a corrupt installer. Also, you should have received a prompt to enter your PMDG B77X key for the product.

Next step, try running the B77X installer again and this time select REPAIR. If that doesn't lead to a normal launch of B77X, then try downloading the installer from your account again. It's unlikely but it does happen, maybe something was wrong with your download.

Confirm you have FSX with SP2 or Acceration and your system meets the minimum requirements for the use of the product as specified on the product web page.

If all fails, open a trouble ticket with support.precisionmanuals.com note you'll have to create a support account because support is separate from sales.

Let us know what the solution turns out to be.

Dan Downs KCRP

When I load up a flight, from the moment the wheels touch the ground I get a crash to desktop

Hi, Rik,

Just a few random thoughts:

When, exactly does the crash happen?  I take it you start FSX, see the Trike, select a 777 and airport, and then click "fly now."  So what exactly happens then?

A long shot:  Are you perhaps not using the correct installation files?  If you purchased before the first SP came out, you need to use the original Sept. 2013 install file, but if you purchased after one of the SPs came out, you use the file you downloaded at purchase, then the most recent SP (unless you purchased after SP1C came out). 

Also, you never stated whether you are using the -200LR or 300ER.  If the 300ER (or both), then there is a greater possibility for installation errors resulting from installation in the wrong order.

Did you ever see FSX asking for permission to use certain PMDG modules, as Dan asked, or were you asked to enter the serial number?

Finally, if you updated from the original release to SP1X, did you delete the pre-SP1 panel states?

Mike

Also want to mention that PMDG recommends that you install FSX outside a programs folder to avoid permission-restriction issues, but I doubt that is causing your problem as many people have FSX running w/ the T7 in programs(x86) just fine.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Since I did not see this mentioned/asked and since we are talking a fresh install here:

Before you install anything in a fresh Win7 install:

- Make sure UAC slider is all the way down

- make sure windows defender is disabled

- make sure an anti virus software is not preventing FSX files to be installed

then

- install FSX but not in the default Programs Folder!

Rob Robson