Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

So.... P3D 2.4 and ATI video cards

R290, P3DV2.4 here with latest drivers.

Works well but supersampling definitely needed.

Using multisampling only is not good at all.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

AMD announces Catalyst Omega drivers with Virtual Super Resolution

The new drivers, which have nothing to do with popular modified drivers from few years back, are a new step in performance optimization and implementation of new features.

Fantastic.

If nothing else we will be able to see how our AMD cards handle 4k.

Maybe we could get a Sim party going and see how 24 display Eyefinity looks :).

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Cool, I'll have to see how your little tweak work with my R9 270X. I have had Prepar3D set to 2x on AA and no CCC settings and I've felt like 've been fine with FPS so far.

Just glad to see some talk about tweaking setting with ATI/AMD cards as there has been a lot of talk in regards to nVidia's cards as the card maker for Prepar3D.

R290, P3DV2.4 here with latest drivers.

Works well but supersampling definitely needed.

Using multisampling only is not good at all.

gb.

You can enable super sampling from the prepar3d.cfg file (ssaa)..... I am currently running with a value of 2 and it looks awesome.

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningCenter/getting_started/options/display/graphics_settings.html

You can enable super sampling from the prepar3d.cfg file (ssaa)..... I am currently running with a value of 2 and it looks awesome.

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningCenter/getting_started/options/display/graphics_settings.html

Sorry I was a bit ambiguous there.

I mean it's available and you need it for optimal quality.

I am using it myself.

gb.

Is the p3d.cfg the only place you have SSAA enabled?

What about in CCC?

Thanks,

gb.

AMD just released new AMD Catalyst Omega driver for all AMD cards. I haven't testing it yet, but I know what I'm going to do when I get home.

too little too late for me, Ive had AMD cards forever but I'm afraid I'll be changing to the green team next upgrade unless AMD can pull a massive price/performance/power rabbit out of the hat :(

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Lol.... I hear you. But since it will take me some time to save all those pennies, I'll keep my ears open. In some respect, not even the mighty Titan is enough anyway.... Or so I tell myself ;-)

Tried VSR on my 48" 1080p TV.

Max resolution available was 3200x1800, so quite a bit less than 4K.

On my system these ultra high resolutions are only feasible if I can reduce the AA enough

to compensate for the frame rate drop, which basically means not using super sampling.

3200x1800 with x8 MSAA in P3D was not bad but 1920x1080 with x4MSAA in P3D

and supersampling set in CCC was better quality with similar frame rates.

So a bit disappointing initially.

Might have do some more experimenting.

gb.