Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

Looking for a new weather engine, wait for REX4 Weather Direct or?

No conflict at all between them and its a popular set up

Thanks

And I take it that is true of use with P3d v2.4 also?

The extras in Opus were too hard for me to figure out. I have EZDOC for the cameras so didn't need the Opus Cameras, besides, the Opus Cameras were too hard to figure out. I contacted Opus and asked for some videos that would help and got the cold shoulder.If they made a few videos like EZDOC , they would sell a lot more, oh well. ASN all the way, hands down.

LOL thanks guys.  Sounds like I might go give ASN a shot.  I used them years ago on FS2004, guess it would be like "coming home" lol.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

LOL thanks guys.  Sounds like I might go give ASN a shot.  I used them years ago on FS2004, guess it would be like "coming home" lol.

There is a demo for both - use opusfsi demo to compare them

Rich Sennett

There is a demo for both - use opusfsi demo to compare them

Yep I'll probably check out both.  Oh and yeah I should have been more clear, I was definitely talkinq about OpusFSI vs. the others when I was asking.  I wouldn't want to buy/compare against an older version of Opus.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Yep I'll probably check out both.  Oh and yeah I should have been more clear, I was definitely talkinq about OpusFSI vs. the others when I was asking.  I wouldn't want to buy/compare against an older version of Opus.

There you go Charles doesnt hurt to try them out to compare - you can be in the same session just turn one off and start the other to compare - just a side note opus takes a bit longer to inject weather and you need to go to weather button and put in your airport ID - its says to put in where your going - I just put in where I am and make sure no weather themes are selected - just the sim built in weather option

Rich Sennett

My current setup:

ASN for weather

REX4 HD Direct for textures

OpusFSI for ButtKicker control

P3Dv2.4 for simulator

LIveDISPATCH for ACARS/Flight Logging

Can't wait to get a TrackIR 5 and I will be set!

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

My current setup:

Question on buttkicker - how are you toning down the rolling sound on the runway as you take off seems so much louder than other settings - I have tried to turn things down but not helping much - thanks - I made changes to light aircraft side not heavy as I was in light aircraft maybe I have to turn both them down ?

Rich Sennett

Question on buttkicker - how are you toning down the rolling sound on the runway as you take off seems so much louder than other settings - I have tried to turn things down but not helping much - thanks - I made changes to light aircraft side not heavy as I was in light aircraft maybe I have to turn both them down ?

Hi Rich,

This is how I currently have it set:

BK_options.JPG

Hope this helps, brother!

PS: I use my daughter's Astro A30 Mixamp connected to the PC via USB, which turns it into a dedicated soundcard. This way I use my BK connected to the Astro A30 and route the audio to the Mixamp via OpusFSI. With this being said, I have the volume knob on the mixamp to FULL POWER. Thus why the settings might seem low.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Hi Rich,

This is how I currently have it set:

Hope this helps, brother!

PS: I use my daughter's Astro A30 Mixamp connected to the PC via USB, which turns it into a dedicated soundcard. This way I use my BK connected to the Astro A30 and route the audio to the Mixamp via OpusFSI. With this being said, I have the volume knob on the mixamp to FULL POWER. Thus why the settings might seem low.

Thanks so much Brother - I will try this out - your the best - this is some cool stuff - so much better with this plug-in - its actually kind of scary real

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich,

Hi have you found a work around for when you go to spot plane view as it is wicked loud (way to much vibration) compared to the VC - tried a bunch of things but nothing working - any help would be much appreciated - have your settings plugged in right now just have to figure this out - thank you

Rich Sennett

I think I got it had to turn opus volume down to 1 and then play with p3d sound settings as I do not use DHM and it says you have to but I use ezdok so it still doing something as its much better with it enabled than without also I am not using a usb sound card 

Rich Sennett

Hmm, so I just visited the REX website for their Weather Direct product and while I'm going to go ahead and try the demo version of ASN, I think I might wait on purchase until the REX engine is out (their forum says the engine is going into beta within the last week (post was on the 21st).  Apparently it's able to inject weather appropriate textures from Texture Direct (which I already have) while the sim is running!  I didn't realize that was even possible since up until now you had to load your textures before starting FSX.