Sign in to follow this  
kamakaze

787 ngx pax cabin light switch

I have no clue as I don't have the 787.  :P  Now, if you are talking about the 737, then you control the cabin lights via the fmc.

It would be very nice if PMDG would do a 787.

In real life, cabin lights can't be controlled from the cockpit.

Depending on the type of interior installed (Original Interior vs. Sky Interior), the cabin lights can either be controlled from the front Cabin Attendant Station, or from both the front and aft Cabin Attendant Station.

The only lights in the cabin that are controllable from the cockpit, are the Emergency Exit Lights. You don't want to keep those running for too long, though, since they run on separate batteries that take quite long to charge.

As Matt said, in the PMDG 737 NGX the cabin lights are controlled through the MCDU. (Not trying to be pedantic here, but the FMC and MCDU are not the same thing :) )

In real life, cabin lights can't be controlled from the cockpit.

True.

As for the location, as mentioned by the others, there is a function under FS ACTIONS> (press MENU on the CDU to get to the page with this prompt).

As Matt said, in the PMDG 737 NGX the cabin lights are controlled through the MCDU. (Not trying to be pedantic here, but the FMC and MCDU are not the same thing :) )

(Not trying to be pedantic here, but isn't MCDU the Scarebus term?  :P )

Kyle Rodgers

When I first went to the 737 back in 2001 our manuuals referred to it as an MCDU which prompted me to ask the same question. At some point in the last 13+ years they stopped referring to it that way though.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Not trying to be pedantic here, but isn't MCDU the Scarebus term?

That's also the Mad Dog/Mighty Dog term.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Not trying to be pedantic here, but isn't MCDU the Scarebus term? 

Like Tom said, it wasn't originally. I faintly remember the first revision of our FCOM calling it the MCDU. Somewhere along the line, Boeing changed the term to CDU. I seem to remember a forum post about Boeing "adopting" the term following the MD-merger, but I haven't got a clue where I read that anymore, must've been a few years.

By now, I do think they did rename "it" to CdU, even if it's just to have another name than Airbus.

The same thing happened to EADI-EHSI and PFD-ND if I remember correctly. Though that's another story.

In any case, a(n) (M)CDU and an FMC are two very different things.

Come now...trying to school me in 737 terminology.  It is technically called a Control Display Unit...which is the how the flight crew interacts with the Flight Management Computer...which is just 1 component of the Flight Management System.  But most people call it the fmc.  Like when your writing an email.  You don't say "I'm typing on my keyboard so that interfaces with the computer which will then interface with a router that will interface with a server."(That is pendantic.)  You say "I'm typing on my computer."

Thank you for helping me out. Perhaps I should have read the manual in more detail.

Regards and happy flying