Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

My first visit to World2XP ....

Berlin is a beautiful town anyway... Been there in 1997 for the kickoff of Java, at the Berlin Conference Center. Stayed at a big Hotel that used to be on the East side of the town, known for having been populated by most cold war spys :-)

Back then I was already a PS1 owner, but I could never tell that same Java would be the language used to code PSX :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Oh so PSX is a web based thing ? 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Oh so PSX is a web based thing ? 

No , it is a LOT more than that ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I could never tell that same Java would be the language used to code PSX

Indeed, Java gets some slack from other developers, but it really is a good language and has saved me lots of time and headaches with World2XPlane. 

Indeed, Java gets some slack from other developers, but it really is a good language and has saved me lots of time and headaches with World2XPlane. 

Hey when was 6.0 W2XP released ? did you get the textures ?

Ive got a friend who doesn't understand all this scenery stuff and i promised i would come on here and try and get an answers, because he is becoming a pain in the backside ^_^   Ok here's my friends question......He has done a clean install of X-Plane and wants to get scenery. Does he need to have Word2XP installed first or is this just a tool for something else?  Does OSM Europe have a built in Mesh like HD MeshV2?   OSM Europe///HD MeshV2 =Same thing Just from different authors??

For the love of god can somebody put me out of my misery head melt pain lol

What's the first thing i lay on default X-Plane scenery??  Can it be either OSM Europe or HD Mesh V2

And the second thing ??  Would it be PHOTO Scenery

My friend would be extremely grateful:) 

Ive got a friend who doesn't understand all this scenery stuff and i promised i would come on here and try and get an answers, because he is becoming a pain in the backside ^_^   Ok here's my friends question......He has done a clean install of X-Plane and wants to get scenery. Does he need to have Word2XP installed first or is this just a tool for something else?  Does OSM Europe have a built in Mesh like HD MeshV2?   OSM Europe///HD MeshV2 =Same thing Just from different authors??
For the love of god can somebody put me out of my misery head melt pain lol

What's the first thing i lay on default X-Plane scenery??  Can it be either OSM Europe or HD Mesh V2
And the second thing ??  Would it be PHOTO Scenery

My friend would be extremely grateful:) 

Its also a tool if you want to generate your own area OSM data (Tony would be the person to help on World2xp) .  Get HD Mesh V2 and for Europe get the W2XP data from simheaven or generate your own.

HD mesh and W2XP are two different things.

Its a stand alone thing.

@Poppet:

Please give your friend this link: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430976-scenery-and-openstreetmap-osm-faq/

and also this one regarding HD Mesh scenery: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/442361-scenery-and-hd-mesh-v2-qa-with-andras-fabian-alpilotx/

It's all here - all the answers for his questions :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Thank you very much IronMaiden and Jcomm and of course Alpilotx for all the help... Jeeeees like a weight of my head,  i have it sorted, i am downloading Alpilotx's fantastic HD Mesh as we speak.

Thank you again