Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

My first visit to World2XP ....

It took several months after Tony made World2XP available to the X-Plane users community that I have finally decided to give it a try.

I have been criteriously trying to find the best option to set the best out-of-windshield views for PSX, and there are two options available - XView and ViualPSX.

I installed fsx gold edition and x-plane 10 to use both and try to choose. The tests were first run with vanilla, default, scenery and weather for both platforms. 

On my rig I get the smoother performance and best visual and specially 3d effects of terrain ( with sloped runways and taxiways ) with X-Plane 10, because FSX's world is mostly flat at the airports, with the exception of add-on products, which I decided not to install. 

I wanted to use these visuals only while at the airport, or for visual approaches, and switch them off while cruising. PSX's visuals are more than sufficient for the cruise phase, and even for approach and landing under bad weather or autolands, but since I had both sims installed ( again... ) why not trying a few bells & whistles :-)  So, I picked a ZL16 photoscenery from SimHeaven, and a beta 6.0 sd World2XP covering Portugal. 

Well.... absolutely AMAZING !!!  I also couldn't resist installing an excellent scenery for Lisbon, and LPPT, which includes an HDR-optimized version. Together I confess I never had such a great experience in terms of scenery with X-Plane 10 before. The even most tempting argument is that I get 50+ fps while running it together with PSX in my i5 3,3 GHz rig, with the GTX 650 Ti 1 GB graphics card.

Result: I am totally sold to World2XP :-)

Tony, what a superb gift!!!

P.S.: and... since I had X-Plane 10 installed, I picked a Twotter and a C172 recommended by ironmaiden, and they are a delight, both in it's category. So, pretty much a restart in X-Plane 10 for me ( again... ). Ah!  I acknowledge the now correctly modeled time-of-day and Moon phases and position! It had completely escaped from me that somewhere across the released updates during the last months LR had fixed this, which was among the few issues I had reported and were, for me, showkillers ..., not to mention that indeed, since a few versions ago, it is also in the hands of the developers to tune the prop / propwash effects for each particular aircraft, using the available datarefs.

My hat off to Austin and the LR team for this!!!

With time I will tray to capture a few screens of the XP10+ Word2XP / Aerowinx PSX combination :-) but really hate taking any kind of photo :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Try Berlin and Switzerland. Berlin is great.

LOL I never recommended those aircrafts LOL how can I , i have never flown it :) it was you who said the C172 flies well and I tell you yes she  does.  

And to tell you the truth even i was getting tired of that Torque spin and those banks. But somehow the aircraft is flying pretty nice. And I am not using the SASL plugin in the Twotter or the C172

Twotter is an amazing freeware.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Yep, the Twotter is a charm to fly. What puzzles me even more about this particular model is that it was developed, from the flight dynamics and engine modeling standpoint, using "only" ( * ) Plane-Maker ( at least I couldn't find any other code driving these models... ), and still, it behaves amazingly! in a very very plausible way for what I would expect from a Twotter.

( * ) between quotes because there is a LOT more to Plane-Maker than most of us ( me included ) even guess....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I have tried fidgeting with Plane Maker hmm its just beyond. 

Maybe LR realized that to make XPX a better competitor and due to the arrival of PMDG they must have changed something.

Tony, what a superb gift!!!

Glad you like it, and it's good to see you back using X-Plane again :smile:

A return & stay for sure, for more than just PSX...

As a complement ( visual ) to PSX, X-Plane 10 works very well, as a matter of fact with the latest version of XView, better than with FSX. I particularly like the smoothness, scenery and now even weather, because XView is really doing a great job injecting PSX's weather into X-Plane 10...

But I can't forget that two of the few issues that "irritated" me in X-plane are gone! I now have proper Moon phases and positioning, and plausible daylight according to date and place!!!

Regarding prop effects, there is also a fix now, and if we think about it, a very wise one! I just look forward to test the first aircraft designed with those new datarefs, and I am sure the opinions of many picky simmers like me will change course 180º ( to the North!!! :-) )

So, already downloading a few ZL16 photosceneries to go with the World2XP areas !

Main Simulation Rig:

Regarding prop effects, there is also a fix now, and if we think about it, a very wise one! I just look forward to test the first aircraft designed with those new datarefs, and I am sure the opinions of many picky simmers like me will change course 180º ( to the North!!! :-) )

So, already downloading a few ZL16 photosceneries to go with the World2XP areas !

Where is the fix ?

ironmaiden, the Moon / daylight fix in embedded in the latest versions of 10.30. 

The "torque" fix is really no fix but rather the inclusion of 6 new datarefs that can be used by aircraft developers to fine tune the prop effects on their models.

Main Simulation Rig:

ironmaiden, the Moon / daylight fix in embedded in the latest versions of 10.30. 

The "torque" fix is really no fix but rather the inclusion of 6 new datarefs that can be used by aircraft developers to fine tune the prop effects on their models.

Oh , i thought some fix for the props. But I don't face any probs with the 172SP. she may bank / yaw  a bit due to the propwash as it hits the tail , hmm what axis is that i forgot, back to my books.

The yaw is good, indeed mostly under-modeled by default on X-Plane prop aircraft, and one of the features that those new datarefs will help fine tune :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

That would be great if the aircrafts get better tuned by the devs using the new datarefs.

The yaw is good, indeed mostly under-modeled by default on X-Plane prop aircraft, and one of the features that those new datarefs will help fine tune :-)

Guys,

did you miss this post:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=75198&p=846830

A real fix might come.....    someday..... ;-)

From this post:

---quote Austin:

understood!

yes, this is an area for future improvement! an improvement to fix this IS planned!

austin---

Yes, this and many threads, and many private messages exchanged with Austin too :-)

And, the fix is here already, not directly in the FDM, affecting all prop aircraft, but under the form of 6 new datarefs, to be used to fine tune each aircraft model :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

I am telling you at least to me the birds are much better, 

Hey why go to Berlin in person, heck just the photoscenery and W2XP Berlin HD B) and see the beauty of that city. 

Yes, this and many threads, and many private messages exchanged with Austin too :-)

And, the fix is here already, not directly in the FDM, affecting all prop aircraft, but under the form of 6 new datarefs, to be used to fine tune each aircraft model :-)

Yeah, of course I know..... the datarefs.... for programmers to tinker with....

I don't think Austin was refering to them as the fix.

He said future improvment. I'm not sure, but I think Austin said this after 10.30 came out.